Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lgould

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2017
Getting error on sending emails "...was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying".

iPhone = 4
iOS = 9.3.5

I have 4 accounts apparently on my phone: iCloud, Hotmail, and one related to my employer. Nearly everything related to email on my phone was done to me, not done by me, i.e. iCloud and my employer. Only Hotmail did I set . iCloud was the result of getting my Outlook (harddrive on PC) to sync with my employers cloud based CRM. How this is all put together, I have no idea.

Primary personal account is Hotmail. MS had some kind of bridge between my Outlook on my harddrive and Hotmail in the cloud (I guess). But a few months ago, that stopped working, 1 hour later trying to fix something that was permanently broken by MS did I find out that there was some new giz Outlook needed to have. I completely bumfuzzeled my Outlook Calendars and contacts but I'm making do. The trick is, I also have my CRM (Tailwag) syncing. When MS obliterated the old program linking Outlook to Hotmail, somehow iCloud had to come into the picture.

There are just too many &*^%$#* moving parts. I have no idea what's up but it seems that all the machinations coincide with my outgoing email capability becoming bankrupt. All I want to do is have my syncing going on (it is), get email (working), and to be able to do something super exotic, like SEND EMAIL!. How can a normal personal sort this mess out?

I am grateful for anyone willing to give this a go.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Hello.

Does it seem simply seem to fail sending from all 4 accounts or just one in particular?

Does this happen going to one person? Or domain? So for example if you sent an email to personA@company.com does it fail? But then does it send perfectly fine to personB@company.com?

Or does it fail to anyone at all with an @company.com address? This whole piece of troubleshooting will determine if there's a company wide server blocking of mail relaying or just to one recipient.

Sounds like there could also be some additional forwarding leading up to the mail even leaving your mail providers domain....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.