Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kettle

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Did a search and found no direct discussion on the subject of Sending Faxes from within Panther.

My problem is that I can only recieve faxes and not send them. I was wondering if this is a recognised problem with panther.

I would particularly like to hear from U.K. peeps because I would imagine if their was a problem with faxing in the U.S. we would have felt the after shock over here.:)

kettle

macrumors 65816
Original poster
fax detail

There is no error message from my end, it just puts it on hold for five minutes. The machine recieving the fax registers it as a phone message with no message rather than a fax. The internal modem still sends faxes through 9.1 ok, so I presume that the hardware is ok.

Thanks for responding:)

MacVault

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Fails to hang up line after sending..??

I have sent a couple faxes so far and when I do the fax monitor thingy in Panther says "Finished sending fax document" but doesn't hang up the line until after several minutes, at which time it puts that fax on hold and schedules to send it at a later time. I assumed the other end recieved the fax but I never called them to check. What's up with this? Anyone know what the glitch is? Why hasn't Apple fixed this by the 10.3.2 update??? Can I fix this through the command line or edit some system file???

Also, any third-party apps to enhance Apple's built in fax feature, allowing for saving of sent faxes, fax logs, more of an active gui, etc.????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.