Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I have this 6s that has been having issues for months now sending iMessages through the photos app. I open the photo app then hit the button to send through iMessage, I select my recipient, hit send, and it immediately says failed. The same thing happens when trying to pass on links through the Amazon app. If I restart the phone these things both work, but only for a bit. They send a few pics/links then stop working again.

In the case of the photos if I just go into the messages app and then attach the pic it sends no problem at all.

Anyone experience anything similar or have a suggestion for a fix?

noobinator

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I logged out of iCloud and have done numerous resets. The phone also sometimes does not send/receive iMessages unless I'm on WiFi. The phone will often get a bunch of messages (pics) upon our return home. Also, the phone has shut down and/or rebooted from time to time. I was googling around and found this:

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/

And my serial says I'm eligible. However I don't have shutdowns often and haven't had one in awhile. Does anyone know what they actually replace under this program and how they determine if mine is eligible (outside of the serial)? I just don't want to waste a trip to the Apple store if they are going to shoot me down because they run some diagnostic and see my phone hasn't shut down randomly in awhile or that often.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.