Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

southerndoc

Contributor
Original poster
May 15, 2006
USA
I have an AT&T number as my primary number on my iPhone 11 Pro. I have a FirstNet number as my secondary number via the eSIM.

I would like to separate these into two devices and was thinking of getting an SE for the FirstNet number.

Does anyone know if this would require an in-store visit or can I simply order one online and activate with the FirstNet number? What I don't want to happen is for both numbers to be transferred to the SE (if that's even supported on the SE).

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I have an AT&T number as my primary number on my iPhone 11 Pro. I have a FirstNet number as my secondary number via the eSIM.

I would like to separate these into two devices and was thinking of getting an SE for the FirstNet number.

Does anyone know if this would require an in-store visit or can I simply order one online and activate with the FirstNet number? What I don't want to happen is for both numbers to be transferred to the SE (if that's even supported on the SE).

Try the online/automated system first and if it fails, go in-store?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Since it's esim, you could just contact them and provide the IMEI number of the SE when you get it. Unless you already have a QR code that you can use?

southerndoc

Contributor
Original poster
May 15, 2006
USA
I may just go to the store to keep from having any problems. Anyone know if AT&T carries the Product(RED) phones? Since my FirstNet line is my fire department line, thought I'd put it on a red phone. :D

ukms

macrumors demi-god
Apr 21, 2015
Dubai, UAE
From a fair amount of experience with esim the method of changing them over differs from carrier to carrier. Some you can easily do remotely others require an in store visit.

southerndoc

Contributor
Original poster
May 15, 2006
USA
I ended up going to the AT&T store and they ordered a phone for me. I'm hoping what they did will make this a seamless experience, but we shall see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.