Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lizzy.read

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2018
Amarillo,TX
Hello, so I just filed for an express replacement through AppleCare for my Series O stainless steel 38 mm Apple Watch, and I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of replacement I would be receiving? I asked the rep if what I would be getting would have the same sapphire crystal face and stainless steel backing but she just stated that it would be comparable, and since the cheapest watch they offer that has this is the Apple 3 with gps and the service, (which I wouldn’t ever use cause I’m not paying for an extra line for that ) I’m just concerned because a friend of mine who had the series 0 as sold hers and bought the series 3 with the ion glass, she said her new watch already has several scratches and she has only had for it for two months, so I know if they cannot fix my shattered watch I definitely want the sapphire glass face. Is anyone familiar with this? The hold they placed on my card for just the watch was 449 plus 49 for tax if I don’t send them my broken watch with the express. Can anyone shed any light on this for me please. Thank you so much!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hello, so I just filed for an express replacement through AppleCare for my Series O stainless steel 38 mm Apple Watch, and I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of replacement I would be receiving? I asked the rep if what I would be getting would have the same sapphire crystal face and stainless steel backing but she just stated that it would be comparable, and since the cheapest watch they offer that has this is the Apple 3 with gps and the service, (which I wouldn’t ever use cause I’m not paying for an extra line for that ) I’m just concerned because a friend of mine who had the series 0 as sold hers and bought the series 3 with the ion glass, she said her new watch already has several scratches and she has only had for it for two months, so I know if they cannot fix my shattered watch I definitely want the sapphire glass face. Is anyone familiar with this? The hold they placed on my card for just the watch was 449 plus 49 for tax if I don’t send them my broken watch with the express. Can anyone shed any light on this for me please. Thank you so much!

It’s difficult to say exactly model they will replace your watch with. But it certainly won’t be a first generation Apple Watch. At minimum, They very well could issue you Series 2 38 mm stainless. Series 3 is possible, but Might be more unlikely. (Series 1 was not offered in stainless.)

CobraPA

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2011
Lansdale, PA, USA
They do have separate repair stock from what you see offered online, so as Relentless says, you can get a model that is not for sale. It depends on what they have left in stock.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I did a replacement on a series 0 aluminum sport. It was replaced with a Series 1 aluminum.

This was 2 weeks ago.

You will still get a stainless 38mm... It might be a Series 2

justiny

Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Bubbletucky
You will still get a stainless 38mm... It might be a Series 2

This would be my guess as well. I have never heard of Apple replacing a stainless steel model with an aluminum model, regardless of series (nor do I believe they ever would).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.