Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhollySchmidt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2012
I’ve run into exactly one other person with this problem online. Has anyone here run into this bug? I’ve switched the Stand Reminders setting off and back on again, I’ve restarted the watch a couple times, nothing I can do will make the stand reminders work again.

floridonet

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2011
Irvine, CA
Yes, very annoying! It's no longer showing the translucent blue column that lets me know that I haven't stood up and walked around for the hour.

WhollySchmidt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2012
Yes, very annoying! It's no longer showing the translucent blue column that lets me know that I haven't stood up and walked around for the hour.
Hmm, that’s a little different from what mine’s doing.

When I open up the Activity app, I still see the bars indicating when I have or haven’t completed the goal for the hour. I just don’t get the notifications ten minutes before the end of the hour reminding me to stand if I haven’t already.

So when I check manually, I get accurate information, just no reminders when I’m not paying attention.

LouiseG

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2015
Scotland
I’ve just read on another forum to do the following: go to health app, top right to go into your profile. Hit edit and set wheelchair to No then restart watch. On mine the next hour is now visible with the light blue line. Will see if the notification comes through at 50 mins.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
I’ve just read on another forum to do the following: go to health app, top right to go into your profile. Hit edit and set wheelchair to No then restart watch. On mine the next hour is now visible with the light blue line. Will see if the notification comes through at 50 mins.

How did anyone manage to find that setting?

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Same - I thought I was standing every hour and doing a good job of it.

But now I think about it, I haven't gotten a reminder since I installed the watchOS 4 beta (like 3 weeks ago)

WhollySchmidt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2012

Thanks for this tip. I’ve already hit my 12 hours for the day, so I won’t be able to test it for myself until tomorrow, but I passed it on to the other friend who has this problem and it fixed it for them.

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010

Wow, this solved the issue for me! I literally got a stand reminder 10 minutes after changing this setting (no need to restart even). This is ridiculous and must be a bug instead of intended behaviour.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
All I’m getting at the moment is a “Keep it going today” notification early in the morning with activity results from the previous day, but nothing else. Certainly not getting stand reminders or notification that I’ve completed a ring. I’ll try the workaround and see what happens.

WhollySchmidt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2012
Wow, this solved the issue for me! I literally got a stand reminder 10 minutes after changing this setting (no need to restart even). This is ridiculous and must be a bug instead of intended behaviour.
Yup, I think it’s got to be a bug. I opened the Health app and just toggled the Wheelchair setting from the default “Not set” to on, and then back to “Not set”, and now I’m getting reminders again. So the Wheelchair setting doesn’t even have to be specifically set to off, just changing it does the trick to get the reminders working again.

Thanks again @LouiseG !

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
Yup, I think it’s got to be a bug. I opened the Health app and just toggled the Wheelchair setting from the default “Not set” to on, and then back to “Not set”, and now I’m getting reminders again. So the Wheelchair setting doesn’t even have to be specifically set to off, just changing it does the trick to get the reminders working again.

Thanks again @LouiseG !

You would think the people at Apple would've noticed that they didn't receive any stand notifications anymore (especially their developers ;)).

By the way, I've left the wheelchair setting on No... as I'm not in a wheelchair :)

MacBird

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2010
I have the first generation Apple Watch and the stand reminders stopped working after installing OS 4. Changing the wheelchair setting and restarting watch and iPhone did not work for me. Are there any other suggestions?

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
It doesn’t seem to be “Resolved”. However, yesterday I powered down iPhone completely and left Watch connected to home Wi-fi for a few minutes. Powered up IPhone again and within a couple of minutes I had Activity alerts and notifications, including the new animation. I’ve had the perfect week move notification and animation today.

Last edited:

kecinzer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2015
Czech republic
I have Watch Series 3 and after watchOS 4.1 update I stop recieving stand up notification. I don't know what to do. I tried almost everything. I alreday have wheelchair: no in health data and tried reboot Watch. Nothing helped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.