Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Figured I'd start this for those of us across the pond:

44mm Stainless Steel, White Sport Band, ordered by 8:08, delivery 1-8th of October.

I had to use the website and couldn't use Pay (long story), and it got confused about in-store pickup options. Was telling me October 1st or later by the time I got confirmation :(.

Last edited:

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular), 44mm Space Grey Aluminium Case With Black Sport Loop is what I ordered

Will arrive 22/09

Now to give series 3 watch to mum

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Ordered a S4 Hermès, Fauve Single Tour Deployment buckle.

Got in at 0808, deliver next Friday, woo!

Reactions: philipc121

KennethS

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
UK
44mm SB SS ordered at 8.07am for pickup on the 21st. Upgrading from a 42mm Aluminium Space Grey S2. I am looking forward to next Friday, as is my son who will get my current S2 (which is still in mint condition).

JamesHP

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2010
Manchester, UK
44mm silver SS with sport band, delivery 1-8 Oct. Gutted I couldn't get release day but hoping it gets bumped as I fly to Germany for 3 days on the 1st!

anem0ne

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2013
Uk
Ordered the 40mm Series 4 gold aluminium cellular with the pink sand sport loop! Delivery 21st! Ordered as soon as the page refreshed at 8:08am - upgrading from a Series 2 :apple:

I've not really been impressed by the watches massively for a while - but as someone with a heart problem the features coming later on (ECG) are beyond beneficial for someone like myself.. can't wait! (Plus the new screen looks lush)

Reactions: geachy92

chrisconfessed

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2007
Essex, England.
Just ordered Series 4 (GPS), 44mm Space Grey Aluminium Case With Black Sport Loop - upgrading from a 38mm 1st generation so I'm excited to experience the improvements!

Delivery for me isn't until 8th-15th October, do they ever ship earlier than predicted?

fm2503

macrumors member
May 5, 2009
Cheshire
Apple Watch Series 4 GPS, 44mm Silver Aluminium Case with Seashell Sport Loop - upgrading from S0 SS.
Ordered at 08:09 via the App, and despite not being able to use Apple Pay seem to have secured Delivery 21st :)

PR.

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2005
Bedford, UK
Annoyed as got the Apple Watch Series 4, GPS, 44mm Silver Aluminium Case with Sport Loop, Seashell added to the Apple Store app but then when I went to buy with ApplePay it gave no shipping address option so by the time I’d changed to manual and put my address in it had slipped to 1st - 8th October.

Going to check with John Lewis instead...

truesepho

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2014
Series 4 44mm SS Gold with Milanese loop, not available for pickup :(
Delivery 26thSep-1stOct
Ordered at 8:05

I hope they will give me a better delivery date as they usually do... :rolleyes:

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Annoyed as got the Apple Watch Series 4, GPS, 44mm Silver Aluminium Case with Sport Loop, Seashell added to the Apple Store app but then when I went to buy with ApplePay it gave no shipping address option so by the time I’d changed to manual and put my address in it had slipped to 1st - 8th October.

Going to check with John Lewis instead...

I had same issue with shipping address, but got away with a 21st delivery prob due to demand for Hermès being way lower.

It’s odd because I’d made sure all my details were correct yesterday like I always do the day before a launch.

C225

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2007
Scotland
44mm SBSS with black band delivering 21/09, confirmation email received at 0805

Should be good with my black Milanese loop.

karnsculpture

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2006
London, UK
Paid on my phone using apple pay (as this was given as an option).. all appeared to go though but then payment declined as it's over the limit for apple pay. Really annoying; on hold to make the payment again.

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Paid on my phone using apple pay (as this was given as an option).. all appeared to go though but then payment declined as it's over the limit for apple pay. Really annoying; on hold to make the payment again.

Over the limit for Pay? It doesn't have a limit, unless it's your bank freaking out? If the order went through but then your bank declined it, my experience last year is that if you sort it with your bank Apple will retry the payment later and hold your order place, though I do remember calling them after I'd sorted it with my bank to get them to manually retry it.

MadAngelUK

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2012
I had similar problems with the app, access was immediate but Apple Pay kept saying card declined (for no reason) and wouldn’t let me select any preset delivery addresses... finally Chrome web have me consistent access to the store, bought the Mac then went straight back for the watch - I wanted space grey aluminium with the sport strap but noticed delivery wasn’t launch, so I backed out and got the black silicone strap instead (my third ) launch day delivery though 8:13 confirmation - same card that has been declined

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
The bank said it was over the limit for apple pay transactions.. the bank said I need to discuss with Apple. No issues with my account.

What the fork? That's so weird as there really isn't supposed to be any limit with Apple Pay with retailers who fully support it (obviously Apple are included in that). Pleased I switched to Monzo to get away from this kind of absurd regular bank stuff.

Last edited:

illitrate23

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2004
uk
hells teeth that was quick
ordered the S4 GPS, 44mm Silver w/ sport loop and already 3-4 week delivery!

groovyf

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2010
Halifax, UK
Gone for the Silver Aluminium GPS+Cellular. Used the Apple Store app when it finally went live at about 8:11 for me. Only 7 days to wait!
Finally letting go of my Series 0

Stiii

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2018
Suddenly my order does not show up in the iphone app anymore. Anyone with similar experience ?
If I click on the order number in the email confirmation is shows up ?
I havent seen this before.

Edit: It shows again now after status changed to handling order.

Duncan-UK

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2006
Was tempted and got as far as putting it in the basket but then decided against it as I’m not waiting two weeks after release day. I can go into a London Apple store if I’m that desperate.

Was glad to be honest as want to wait to hear about the music app. I’m guessing it’s the same crippled app as os4. I’ve got a series 0 watch and it’s been dreadful since they crippled the music app with the launch of os4. I doubt they will roll out any more improvements to the app in os4 so a new watch is the only way to potentially get improvements in the future. The music app and the time are the only things I use the watch for. I’m just not interested in all the other gimmicks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.