Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lexlevi

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2015
Hello all! Excited to get this ball rolling. Part of the fun of pre-ordering is waiting for new order statuses... and of course, monitoring shipments before Apple even provides a tracking number.

I got a 44mm, Gold SS with the Stone Sport Band. My status is "Preparing to Ship," but I haven't had any luck tracking by reference on FedEx or UPS.

Anyone been able to find theirs? And what model did you get?

BlazePhyre

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2014
I’m right with you on this! I’m surprised there aren’t more. You’re preparing to ship already?:
I ordered myself a Gold Stainless Steel 40mm Gold Milanese loop cellular + GPS Apple Watch at 8:30pm. I had no idea I was getting one, and then my godfather hit me up and was all like I have $3500 for you in an account I opened when you were a baby, how do I get it to you. Hah! I always get lucky like that with my apple products. Something similar happened with my iPhone X last year. But was a couple weeks after release. I’m always apart of these things so I’ll start with this template:

Order Date: 9/14 @ 8:32PMEST
Estimated Ship Date: October 12 - 19th by Next Day or Express Shipping (chatted them to upgrade, wasn’t an option during checkout)
Watch Type: 40mm Gold SS
Band Type: Gold Milanese Loop

lexlevi

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2015
I’m right with you on this! I’m surprised there aren’t more. You’re preparing to ship already?:
I ordered myself a Gold Stainless Steel 40mm Gold Milanese loop cellular + GPS Apple Watch at 8:30pm. I had no idea I was getting one, and then my godfather hit me up and was all like I have $3500 for you in an account I opened when you were a baby, how do I get it to you. Hah! I always get lucky like that with my apple products. Something similar happened with my iPhone X last year. But was a couple weeks after release. I’m always apart of these things so I’ll start with this template:

Order Date: 9/14 @ 8:32PMEST
Estimated Ship Date: October 12 - 19th by Next Day or Express Shipping (chatted them to upgrade, wasn’t an option during checkout)
Watch Type: 40mm Gold SS
Band Type: Gold Milanese Loop

Nice choice. What made you pick 40mm over 44mm?

PeterJH3

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2017
Atlanta, GA
There is another as well (https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/series-4-shipment-thread.2138067/), but I see this for my 2 Watches, Xs Max, and the 3 new Sport band colors...

211FC899-8215-4A5C-9E75-904452138246.jpeg

Reactions: lexlevi

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Hello all! Excited to get this ball rolling. Part of the fun of pre-ordering is waiting for new order statuses... and of course, monitoring shipments before Apple even provides a tracking number.

I got a 44mm, Gold SS with the Stone Sport Band. My status is "Preparing to Ship," but I haven't had any luck tracking by reference on FedEx or UPS.

Anyone been able to find theirs? And what model did you get?

Was your watch scheduled to arrive on 9/21?

frumpy16

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
44mm SG sport loop. Preparing for Shipment with Apple but tracking is now live!! Nice progress this fast!
2018-09-16 05_30_23-Window.jpg

Reactions: lexlevi

icloud

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2005
Anyone in Canada getting notification in UPS My Choice?

I still don’t see anything. I searched using my order number (minus last two digits) and phone number (no spaces).

In Calgary, order ‘still processing’ and no info on UPS Mychoice as of 12:51 2018-09-16. Delivery scheduled 9/21

MikeA@TO

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2015
In Calgary, order ‘still processing’ and no info on UPS Mychoice as of 12:51 2018-09-16. Delivery scheduled 9/21
In the past Apple has shipped using FedEx in Canada, not UPS. I’m not sure if UPS will be used for Canadian orders.

ImmortalChef

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2018
Anyone in Canada getting notification in UPS My Choice?

I still don’t see anything. I searched using my order number (minus last two digits) and phone number (no spaces).

I’m in Canada, I ordered an iPhone and the Gold Steel Apple Watch together. Got the tracking for the iPhone this morning on UPS MyChoice. Nothing for the Watch. The Watch still shows me order processing, both are supposed to be delivered on Friday.

icloud

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2005
In the past Apple has shipped using FedEx in Canada, not UPS. I’m not sure if UPS will be used for Canadian orders.

Must be an area thing, I’ve only had orders through UPS with the exception of Apple Photo Books. Always been Apple to Calgary through UPS for me

Reactions: ImmortalChef

ImmortalChef

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2018
Must be an area thing, I’ve only had orders through UPS with the exception of Apple Photo Books. Always been Apple to Calgary through UPS for me

Same here, every apple order I’ve had delivered in the last couple years at least has always been through UPS.

mikeeymike

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2010
British Columbia, Canada
Successfully found my tracking number using UPS Track by Reference! Used my order number, minus the last two digits (still included the letter at the front), and set the shipment day to the 17th. I feel so NAUGHTY!

It’s September 17th in China already. For those of us still on 9/16, UPS My Choice won’t let us pick a shipment date of 9/17. This could be the key info that prevents us from getting the tracking info.

9:34 pm here on the west coast

lexlevi

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2015
It’s September 17th in China already. For those of us still on 9/16, UPS My Choice won’t let us pick a shipment date of 9/17. This could be the key info that prevents us from getting the tracking info.

9:34 pm here on the west coast
I’m in AZ. Rather than selecting it on the calendar, type in “17.” That worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.