Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
I jumped ship and ordered a series 6 blue aluminum and received it today. The 40mm watch face feels so much better than the 38mm. The flatter surface area makes it that much nicer. Now the real reason for this topic.

The S6 is so fast! The S3 seemed to crawl a bit when doing much other than heart rate. Emails texts etc had a very short opening time but the S6 is almost instant. The always on retina is nice so I can glance without having to tap or wake the watch. My apps are working just fine and I even have the ecg and spo2 working.

The setup didn’t take too long. It was quicker than the S3 even restoring from backup. The S3 was great don’t get me wrong but this is such a huge step up I can’t believe it!

Just in case anyone was wondering about how much better it performs.

scottSE

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2020
I’m on my way to an Apple Store right now. I may be leaving with a new red watch! Coming from Series 3.

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Coming from a 3 as well and I completely agree, the watch is actually a functional useful device now. I’m excited for what the future holds for wearables.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.