Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Takeo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Canada
I think I finally figured out how to reliably reproduce this issue!

1. Add the large noise complication to a watch face. It should always show real time measurement bars when the watch is awake
  2. Restart the watch (to make sure the noise complication is working… when it stops working, the only way to restore function is a restart)
  3. Have someone call you and answer the phone call on the watch
  4. during the call, bring up the keypad and tap some numbers randomly
  5. Hang up the call and put the watch face to sleep
  6. Wake up the watch. The noise complication should show the measurement bars for a second and then it will grey out and say “measurement suspended”
I need to do more testing and I’m not sure if the phone call is necessary but it is absolutely tied to the 0-9 number pad.

Takeo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Canada
p.s. If anyone sees my last post and is able to replicate the issue using the steps provided I would HUGELY appreciate it if you could take a minute to submit a bug report to Apple at http://feedbackassistant.apple.com/

I’m using the GPS Series 9 by the way.

Long story short, answering calls to the iPhone associated with the watch on the watch and using the dial keypad during the call kills the noise complication. I’ve tested this multiple times and reliably replicated the issue every time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.