Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reshtheory

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Ok, so I've had my Macbook Pro for about 2 months now... I usually keep it connected via power adapter becasue I use an external monitor... and it's on a lot... when I took it to class, i noticed it said 45 minutes left on full charge... i was like wtf?!?!.. so then i downloaded cocunut battery and it said maxiumum capacity was 1155 mAh and that was a week ago... now today... it says maximum capacity is 13 mAh... WTF?!?!... will calibrating the battery fix this? (i doubt it)... i don't have applecare = ( ... i guess i will have to get it right?

nadinbrzezinski

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2007
Ok, so I've had my Macbook Pro for about 2 months now... I usually keep it connected via power adapter becasue I use an external monitor... and it's on a lot... when I took it to class, i noticed it said 45 minutes left on full charge... i was like wtf?!?!.. so then i downloaded cocunut battery and it said maxiumum capacity was 1155 mAh and that was a week ago... now today... it says maximum capacity is 13 mAh... WTF?!?!... will calibrating the battery fix this? (i doubt it)... i don't have applecare = ( ... i guess i will have to get it right?

Id try calibrating first... from readying the manual that may be your answer

And I doubt you did that early and often did you?

jbstew32

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2007

this might be of some help to you: http://www.apple.com/support/macbook_macbookpro/batteryupdate/

I bought my macbook last january and was having very similar issues. I was getting about 1 hour of battery life out of a full charge after a few months of use. I ended up taking it to the apple store and they swapped it out for a new battery because it was obviously defective.

sounds like you have a similar problem. your MBP is covered for a year by default. Applecare just adds 2 more years, and you have until the end of your first year to purchase it. I'd call apple support or take it to the store and insist on a replacement battery, especially since it's only been 2 months.

this is all assuming you don't have some process running that's eating cpu cycles and draining your battery. That's always a possibility, especially with widgets...but probably not given your mAh reading

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.