Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeautifulWoman_1984

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
Hey guys,

I just got a message about this.

I've been doing some research and I found an article that gives a negative review about the new iOS 12.5.5 Update:

I'm also reading these articles now:

Is it safe to install iOS 12.5.5?

Thank you for any help!

frank4

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
That first link you posted, gottabemobile, is not helpful and might be click bait designed only to get revenue for them, it requires viewers to click 14 times to go through all the discussion points. The comments section is mostly postings from a few years ago while the article is about 12.5.5 which is a day old.

I’m on 12.5.4 which works OK on iPad Air 1, will update later today. Crossing fingers.

Reactions: addamas

BeautifulWoman_1984

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
That first link you posted, gottabemobile, is not helpful and might be click bait designed only to get revenue for them, it requires viewers to click 14 times to go through all the discussion points. The comments section is mostly postings from a few years ago while the article is about 12.5.5 which is a day old.

I’m on 12.5.4 which works OK on iPad Air 1, will update later today. Crossing fingers.
Thank you for your reply Frank4!

Are there any reasons I should avoid this update???

BeautifulWoman_1984

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
Please stop reading that site. All they do is copy and paste the same crap from their previous article on the last 12.x release. You should absolutely install this update as it contains security fixes.
12.5.5 is safe to install.
Thank you for your replies!

For anyone else that's not sure if 12.5.5 is safe:
I've installed 12.5.5 and it's running great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.