Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Derived

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2015
Midwest
Finally got the PB yesterday, and so far seems great, apart from one issue which is absolutely ruining it.

I decided to finally be responsible and turn on iCloud 2-factor authentication. That was a mistake. Even though I'm logged into my account in iTunes, it is asking me to sign in *again* to have access to Apple Music. And of course, I need the two-factor authentication code. However, there is no place to enter it! It's as if the UI team entirely forgot to add that....am I the only one having this trouble? Can't use Apple Music until this is taken care of. Also, it sends an authentication code to my computer itself when I try to do this as well, which is a huge glitch...ruins the whole point of the feature.

This isn't all there is to it, I cannot get them to send me a verification code at least half the time I try to log into my Apple ID management page on the Apple website. And when I do, I try to to disable 2-factor (since it's clearly causing more trouble than it's worth) however the option doesn't seem to exist at all...I'm at a loss here.

Also, when I try to log into my iCloud account in Settings I also have trouble getting a verification code, and if I do it hangs forever when I enter it in.

Hoping I'm missing something very obvious here but I don't think I am...

delta77thegreat

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2014
Try appending the verification code to the end of your password. This happens if you are using PB for only Mac, iOS8 isn't switched to the new 6-digit code system

Reactions: Derived

Derived

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2015
Midwest
Try appending the verification code to the end of your password. This happens if you are using PB for only Mac, iOS8 isn't switched to the new 6-digit code system

Thanks, will do that. Figured it would be something silly like that. Tried entering the code by itself in the password box on the second ask to no avail. I'm actually running iOS 9 PB as well, so I get the 6 digit authentication codes on my iPhone. The system seems to be great, when it works. But the details are broken.

EDIT: Update - it worked! Really weird. So if you're having this problem do exactly what delta77thegreat said.

Anyone else having trouble getting the code when signing into the actual Apple website? I get it without fail when doing everything else, but pretty much always fails when trying to log into the website.

Planey28

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Birmingham, UK
Thanks, will do that. Figured it would be something silly like that. Tried entering the code by itself in the password box on the second ask to no avail. I'm actually running iOS 9 PB as well, so I get the 6 digit authentication codes on my iPhone. The system seems to be great, when it works. But the details are broken.

EDIT: Update - it worked! Really weird. So if you're having this problem do exactly what delta77thegreat said.

Anyone else having trouble getting the code when signing into the actual Apple website? I get it without fail when doing everything else, but pretty much always fails when trying to log into the website.

The 2 factor authentication system in OS X 10.11 and iOS 9 is different from the previous 2-step system. I'd guess Apple's website is not updated for it (they recommend against switching to it until the final versions of the OS's are out), if you enabled 2 factor from beta software rather than the Apple ID website you'll be on the new system that's in beta. Sucks a little bit for things like this but at least there's only a couple of months to put up with it.

Derived

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2015
Midwest
They actually do have a new beta site up for Apple ID management, was on it last night and looks fairly nice minus the glitches. The login page for the Apple ID site is updated for the 6-digit verification codes as well. My problem is literally that the server is not sending the codes more than half the time...just when it feels like, it seems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.