Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NielsO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2017
Hi Guys,

After installing MacOS 10.13.5 Béta 5 I had some weird glitches and crashes.

Some times my touchpad suddenly freezes and can't be used. So I have to hard-reboot or wait a minute to stop from freezing.
And I also had some sleep-wake failures. This morning I opened my Macbook and it was rebooted. And I was sure that the night before, I kept it on in sleeping modus.
My Macbook configuration:
Macbook Pro 2017, Specifications maxed out.

I'm really sure these weird glitches or crashes weren't there with 10.13.5 Béta 4.

NielsO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2017
Well I rolled back to MacOS 10.13.4 and so far so good.

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
Yeah... that’s part of Beta testing.

The idea is that people test the software and report their problems to the developer.

Because everyone uses software and computers differently, it’s easier to locate more bugs if more people test and report their problems. If you want to properly beta test software, you need to identify the problem, figure out what causes the problem, and if possible identify what might fix the problem.

Then submit that information to the developer.

amaze1499

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2014
Source internet: "From an engineering standpoint a wake failure simply could be an arbitrary time it takes to resume. If engineering says - let's collect all slow wakes longer than 5 seconds, this could be nothing at all. Is there a specific thing you are concerned about or something that literally doesn't work each time? My experience is you will get the failure always - dozens and dozens of times reliably if there might be a hardware issue."

also

"Watchdog simply watches for stuck tasks so a slow wake from sleep error might be nothing based on a desire to capture statistics on any wake that's not blindingly fast so that the fraction of people that submit error logs to Apple can help them aggregate and measure the overall health of this operation."

Btw: Is the question really worth being called serious?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.