Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacGuru15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Wien, Österreich
I just installed ML a few hours ago and as soon as I first logged in I got a "Service Battery" warning. I do not think this is a problem with my battery, as it was working perfectly before ML; I think it could simply be a bug. I have reset the SMC twice to no avail. Would repairing disk permissions help any?

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue as I am?
Thanks!

actionmarker

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
Have you calibrated the battery?

When was the last time you calibrated the battery. This may be part of the issue

From article
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490

PowerBook G4 (15-inch Double-Layer SD), MacBook (all models), and MacBook Pro (all models)

The battery calibration for the PowerBook G4 (15-inch Double-Layer SD) and any model of MacBook or MacBook Pro has been updated because of a new battery released with this computer. With these computers, follow these steps to calibrate your battery:

Plug in the power adapter and fully charge your PowerBook's battery until the light ring or LED on the power adapter plug changes to green and the onscreen meter in the menu bar indicates that the battery is fully charged.
Allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for at least two hours. You may use your computer during this time as long as the adapter is plugged in.
Disconnect the power adapter while the computer still on and start running the computer off battery power. You may use your computer during this time. When your battery gets low, the low battery warning dialog appears on the screen.
At this point, save your work. Continue to use your computer; when the battery gets very low, the computer will automatically go to sleep.
Turn off the computer or allow it to sleep for five hours or more.
Connect the power adapter and leave it connected until the battery is fully charged again.

It's always possible its a bug as ML is such a new beta.

See if it helps
A

MacGuru15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Wien, Österreich
When was the last time you calibrated the battery. This may be part of the issue

From article
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490

PowerBook G4 (15-inch Double-Layer SD), MacBook (all models), and MacBook Pro (all models)

The battery calibration for the PowerBook G4 (15-inch Double-Layer SD) and any model of MacBook or MacBook Pro has been updated because of a new battery released with this computer. With these computers, follow these steps to calibrate your battery:

Plug in the power adapter and fully charge your PowerBook's battery until the light ring or LED on the power adapter plug changes to green and the onscreen meter in the menu bar indicates that the battery is fully charged.
Allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for at least two hours. You may use your computer during this time as long as the adapter is plugged in.
Disconnect the power adapter while the computer still on and start running the computer off battery power. You may use your computer during this time. When your battery gets low, the low battery warning dialog appears on the screen.
At this point, save your work. Continue to use your computer; when the battery gets very low, the computer will automatically go to sleep.
Turn off the computer or allow it to sleep for five hours or more.
Connect the power adapter and leave it connected until the battery is fully charged again.

It's always possible its a bug as ML is such a new beta.

See if it helps
A

Thank you! I will try it; hopefully it works!!

This happened to me when I upgraded to Lion. It doesn't go away.

Is it an issue for you? As in does it affect your battery? I hope the solution above resolves the issue; If not then I will probably replace the battery to avoid any more serious damage is it is necessary.

actionmarker

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
This happened to me when I upgraded to Lion. It doesn't go away.

Pity, did for me.

My late 2008 MacBook Al. came up with the Service Battery warning recently in Lion, did the usual calibration, and all good after, back to normal.

It had probably been 3 to 4 months since I did it previously.

The batteries starting to get old and doesn't last near as long as it originally did, but still not too bad, getting 3-4 hours out of it if not doing too much work.

A

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-02-18 at 4.07.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-02-18 at 4.07.14 PM.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 11,207

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I just installed ML a few hours ago and as soon as I first logged in I got a "Service Battery" warning. I do not think this is a problem with my battery, as it was working perfectly before ML; I think it could simply be a bug. I have reset the SMC twice to no avail. Would repairing disk permissions help any?
Repairing permissions has nothing to do with battery issues. Also be aware that calibration does not affect your battery's condition. It only makes the battery readings more accurate. Use iStat Pro to quickly get readings of your battery's health and number of cycles. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

MacGuru15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Wien, Österreich
It worked!

Pity, did for me.

My late 2008 MacBook Al. came up with the Service Battery warning recently in Lion, did the usual calibration, and all good after, back to normal.

It had probably been 3 to 4 months since I did it previously.

The batteries starting to get old and doesn't last near as long as it originally did, but still not too bad, getting 3-4 hours out of it if not doing too much work.

A

It worked! Thank you so much, I was really getting worried! I will probably still replace my battery soon just to be sure, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.