Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Candlelight

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
New Zealand
New person to iOS 11 here.

Whenever I swipe from a notification on the lock screen I get the option to use either Touch ID or passcode to unlock the phone.

If there a way to set a default for this so I don’t get the option? Just seems like an extra unnecessary step.

Candlelight

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
New Zealand
I was actually hoping to do it the other way round; set it for passcode only. It's a requirement for Microsoft Exchange to have a passcode for email so i was hoping to disable touch ID for swiping to log in yet leave it there for normal opening of the phone.
[doublepost=1527235943][/doublepost]Otherwise I'll just turn Touch ID off.

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
I was actually hoping to do it the other way round; set it for passcode only. It's a requirement for Microsoft Exchange to have a passcode for email so i was hoping to disable touch ID for swiping to log in yet leave it there for normal opening of the phone.
[doublepost=1527235943][/doublepost]Otherwise I'll just turn Touch ID off.
I donˋt think there is a way to do this. But I honestly canˋt see what the benefit would be, if you can only use your passcode when opening a notification?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Microsoft exchange? If you use the official app, you can let Touch ID be your way to authenticate.
Apple does not have such level of granular control. It somehow comes down to individual developer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.