Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AntonisCy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Hey guys i just got a new iPhone 8 and i am moving from my 6S. For the first time ever i want to setup the 8 as a new phone and not restore from the last backup of my previous phone (a thing i did with all my previous iPhone purchases).

The reason is because there are some glitches in my settings, like apps i have uninstalled popping up in the settings search results and various bugs that would have been fixed if i did a complete reset.

I know i will loose my wifi passwords and settings but the calendar,photos,notes and contacts are still restored from my iCloud account right?

Do i also loose the information stored in some Apps or are those also stored in the cloud?

Anything else i should know before i do the move and then wipe my 6S?

Thanks

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Hey guys i just got a new iPhone 8 and i am moving from my 6S. For the first time ever i want to setup the 8 as a new phone and not restore from the last backup of my previous phone (a thing i did with all my previous iPhone purchases).

The reason is because there are some glitches in my settings, like apps i have uninstalled popping up in the settings search results and various bugs that would have been fixed if i did a complete reset.

I know i will loose my wifi passwords and settings but the calendar,photos,notes and contacts are still restored from my iCloud account right?

Do i also loose the information stored in some Apps or are those also stored in the cloud?

Anything else i should know before i do the move and then wipe my 6S?

Thanks

Everything you have turned on in your iCloud settings will be there. You'll just need to download your apps again.

Reactions: AntonisCy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.