Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chubbles

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
I'm trying to set up Firefox and am having a problem with Gmail. Every time I open Firefox I have to login to Gmail which is cumbersome. My other browser does not require login. Can somebody tell me how to set up Gmail in Firefox so I go directly to my in box without going through the multi-layered login procedure. Every thing I have found on the internet seems way too complicated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
chubbles

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
How are your settings for?
- Always use private browsing mode. (uncheck)
- Remember browsing and download history (check)
- Clear history when Firefox closes (uncheck)
- Delete cookies and site data when Firefox closes (Uncheck)

chubbles

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
Hey velocityg4 thanks for the QUICK reply!
I went to settings and all was as you suggested EXCEPT Delete cookies and site data when Firefox closes was checked so I Unchecked it. I'm going to try closing Firefox to see what happens. I will report the results, and thanks again!

chubbles

chubbles

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
velocityg4 you get 5 no 6 addaboys form chubbles!!!
I set things the way you instructed and now when click on Gmail inbox in book marks my inbox shows!
The sad thing is I have spent a lot of time the last couple of days posting on the Mozilla form and didn't solve my problem. Lesson ----MacRumors is the BEST place to get help!

THANKS AGAIN velocitg4
chubbles

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.