Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thomamon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Flemington, NJ
I got a new 11 Max Pro, decided to set it up as new. Set it to download and keep all original photos. However, its been over a day now and its not downloading very fast. I keep rebooting to get it to start to download a few more.

Anyone else have this happen and know how to get it to download them faster? I am connected to power and connected to Wifi.

Thanks in advance!

farfromovin

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2015
Yup, my restore is going slow as well ~9500 pics and 225 video. Storage settings tells me I have 40gb of photo use age which is about right but the photos app says I’m less than half way downloaded.

Reactions: thomamon

thomamon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Flemington, NJ
Yup, my restore is going slow as well ~9500 pics and 225 video. Storage settings tells me I have 40gb of photo use age which is about right but the photos app says I’m less than half way downloaded.
Same type of thing happening to me. Very frustrating.

apvanderwaal

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2019
Netherlands
There is another thread about this issue. I also experience the same problem. My library is not downloading. Only when I open a picture or a video and edit it. It wil download, and the counter will change. I tried everything, from installing my device as new, updating to the beta, but nothing resolved the issue. I think Apple has made some restrictions in this busy period of iOS 13 and new iPhones. I think it will work again in a few days.

thomamon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Flemington, NJ
There is another thread about this issue. I also experience the same problem. My library is not downloading. Only when I open a picture or a video and edit it. It wil download, and the counter will change. I tried everything, from installing my device as new, updating to the beta, but nothing resolved the issue. I think Apple has made some restrictions in this busy period of iOS 13 and new iPhones. I think it will work again in a few days.
If I reboot my phone and go into the photo app it’ll download anywhere between 5 or 1000, but usually more like 5.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2018
I’m not 100% sure but it might be that the download of original photos only works when the phone is charging and locked. So I would suggest leaving it on a charger and keeping the device locked for some time.

apvanderwaal

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2019
Netherlands
I’m not 100% sure but it might be that the download of original photos only works when the phone is charging and locked. So I would suggest leaving it on a charger and keeping the device locked for some time.

I tried that also, but no luck. Saturday and yesterday almost the complete day on a charger, but no luck!

thomamon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Flemington, NJ
Definitely haven’t seen any download then. Only time IVe seen the number decrease was when I had the photo app open

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2018
Only time IVe seen the number decrease was when I had the photo app open
Perhaps that's generally a good tip: To stay in the photos app and then lock the device. I don't know whether it makes any difference but it may be worth a shot.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
I've had this previously and had to leave on charger and on wifi to download the photos, thankfully I didn't have this issue this year.

thomamon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Flemington, NJ
Have had no luck in getting it to move anymore. Very frustrating.
[automerge]1569268141[/automerge]
Where was the other thread?

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2017

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.