Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robbiemcmartin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2017
Can anyone help? I've recently bought a new Smart TV and i'm trying to use my MacBook Pro as a network bridge from a shared wifi hotspot to my TV.
I'm using a Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter and ethernet cable plugged directly into my TV. The TV shows that it's connected, however receives no internet signal.
I've tried doing the same with a SONOS Play 5 speaker however that's not working either which i guess would indicate that there's perhaps a setting on my MacBook that's not allowing me to connect.
Anyone with any suggestions?

Lunder89

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2014
Denmark
If I understand you correctly, this is how to do it.
Open System Preferences > Sharing
Select Internet sharing, and choose where from the internet should be shared, and to where.

robbiemcmartin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2017
If I understand you correctly, this is how to do it.
Open System Preferences > Sharing
Select Internet sharing, and choose where from the internet should be shared, and to where.
Yea you're correct i think. That's the way i've set it up anyway. The problem is that the MacBook is connecting to the TV however no internet signal is being detected. Basically the TV says "connected" however when i click on the smart tv functions it says to check the internet connection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.