Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yorkshire Lad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2015
Leeds
Hi,

Has anyone else seen a similar issue? I store all my contacts in iCloud, so that my iPod and iPad Mini have the same info (which I can also access on the desktop). I've just taken the plunge and bought an iPhone 5s so I've been making sure my contacts are all up to date and transferred over from my old phone.

If I go into Settings > Twitter (where it sits with Facebook, Flickr and Vimeo) and use Update Contacts to import matching photos, the Settings app crashes. This is on the iPod, iPad Mini and now the iPhone. This means I now have four different sets of contacts - some photos were updated on each iDevice but not the same ones, and the desktop version doesn't seem to have any of the recent ones. I've tried uninstalling, then reinstalling the Twitter App - no joy. I can;t do the same with the Settings App, obviously.

All very annoying.
Gary

dennysanders

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2015
the equivalent to deleting the settings app and adding it back would be restoring the device to factory settings

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Wish I could help. I have pretty much stopped using the iCloud due to inconsistencies and issues where it breaks or loses something. I would say use something other than iCloud for your Contacts.
Best of luck.

Yorkshire Lad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2015
Leeds
It might yet come to that. iTunes (spit) allows using Outlook for contacts, but I use Thunderbird.

Yorkshire Lad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2015
Leeds
Oh - did some playing around. Telling the iPad not sync with iCloud and delete all the local contact, the creating a new contact and getting the photo from Twitter, works. Re-sync to iCloud and it fails. Not syncing and not deleting, then trying to get the photo from Twitter, fails.

We should get a new Setting App with 9.3 anyway, so that might fix it. Otherwise I'll have to do all 86 contacts again... or just upload a photo for each.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.