Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fs454

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
I was looking through settings earlier today and noticed this line in the Environments settings, saying that ”Shared Environments” would not be affected by the day/night choice. What could this be referring to? Apple’s User Guide for AVP never mentions this and it seems intentionally capitalized as a feature. Possibly something that got cut that’s coming later allowing multiple users to collaborate in one environment via FaceTime? I can’t seem to find any other explanation for this or mention of it anywhere on the internet. Is there a simpler explanation for what they’re getting at with this sentence?

IMG_0033.png

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
It determines the time of day shown for the chosen Apple environment (Joshua desert) - day, night.

Reactions: G5isAlive

tobyringle69

macrumors regular
May 13, 2015
Im guessing this is referring to environments that 3rd party apps offer, like Disney+ or Max.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
As far as I can tell it only applies to apps which use the Apple environments (Joshua, Yosemite, ...). Doesn't seem to affect custom app environments (Disney Theater, Game of Thrones room).

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
Yeah it seems to be pretty clear evidence of a not-yet-advertised feature where an environment is simultaneously shared between multiple remote VP users, maybe Facetime Personas.

Glad to see some shared experiences between multiple VP users is in the works, hopefully one of many.

This discovery should get more attention. Macrumors should make an article.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.