Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Not sure what is wrong with my iP6 which is jailbroken on iOS 8.4 but settings will not open. When I tap on the icon it tries to open it but then just goes back to the home screen.

It will open when I'm in safe mode. I have tried doing a clean with iCleaner and I haven't installed any new tweaks and the last couple that were updated I deleted them and ran iCleaner again but still no joy.

Any help would be welcome as I would rather not have to use Cydia Impactor and then start all over again.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
What were the last few tweaks that you deleted and what do you have installed now?

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Hey! I really hope you haven't used Cydia Impactor or reset anything quite yet. I had the same exact problem happen to me the night before last. I uninstalled Anemone and Settings started working again. I had just updated it so I'm assuming it was the recent update. Installed again and Settings started crashing again. Looks like I'll have to use the copy of ClassicDock I found that allows to be used without a theming engine.

Reactions: Will22

Will22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Hey! I really hope you haven't used Cydia Impactor or reset anything quite yet. I had the same exact problem happen to me the night before last. I uninstalled Anemone and Settings started working again. I had just updated it so I'm assuming it was the recent update. Installed again and Settings started crashing again. Looks like I'll have to use the copy of ClassicDock I found that allows to be used without a theming engine.

I was waiting to get home to get a list of tweaks for eyoungren because I'm using my 6s today and I saw your post, I deleted Anemone and settings is working fine again.

Thanks for the help.

Reactions: eyoungren
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.