Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Based on my past threads, for the past month or so, I've been working on purchasing the 'right' iMac. Well, I'm finished!

- iMac Late 2015 2TB, i5, with 16GB ram
- Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB drive (USB 3.0) for backups
- MX Wavemaster Logitech mouse (this thing is BRILLIANT, and can be connected to my iMac and my Windows 10 computer)
- Office 2016 for Mac
- and a few other apps

Now to truly start using this iMac, and moving away from my Windows 10 computer. Oh, and to convert the missus, too!
The last thing I think that may get on my nerves, is moving Quicken from Windows 10 to my iMac. So far in my research, there are a lot of people complaining about Quicken for Mac. So, interesting times ahead, in that regard...

Reactions: Weaselboy

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
Based on my past threads, for the past month or so, I've been working on purchasing the 'right' iMac. Well, I'm finished!

- iMac Late 2015 2TB, i5, with 16GB ram
- Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB drive (USB 3.0) for backups
- MX Wavemaster Logitech mouse (this thing is BRILLIANT, and can be connected to my iMac and my Windows 10 computer)
- Office 2016 for Mac
- and a few other apps

Now to truly start using this iMac, and moving away from my Windows 10 computer. Oh, and to convert the missus, too!
The last thing I think that may get on my nerves, is moving Quicken from Windows 10 to my iMac. So far in my research, there are a lot of people complaining about Quicken for Mac. So, interesting times ahead, in that regard...
This might be the time to migrate to a new finance management app. I was researching a new finance app recently and saw some reviews that stated some of the app were actually better than Quicken. Might be worth checking into the App Store and viewing some reviews on some of the finance apps.

Reactions: circatee

Barnclos

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2015
Nice; good luck.
I made the change from Windows to OS X (or should I now say macOS) version of Office 6 months ago. I'm still getting used to a new set of keyboard shortcuts, but I adore the screen.
P.S. Go Gooners

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.