Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keukasmallie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2011
WNY
How can I delete the small website images that seem to appear on the screen at some point while using my iPad. Usually they are blank white squares about 2" X 2" with an app name just outside the blank area and at times there are two screens worth of them. I don't know the name nor the purpose of these small website images, have no use for them and want to change a setting, if possible, to keep them from appearing.

Suggestions, remedies....?

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
How can I delete the small website images that seem to appear on the screen at some point while using my iPad. Usually they are blank white squares about 2" X 2" with an app name just outside the blank area and at times there are two screens worth of them. I don't know the name nor the purpose of these small website images, have no use for them and want to change a setting, if possible, to keep them from appearing.

What are you talking about?

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Let me join this group of good people and be the third who has zero idea what you’re talking about. Please provide a screenshot.

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
Sounds like the app icons are not showing the application icons. I’ve had individual apps do this, but not an entire screens worth. Maybe a hard reset might help

MAXiPAD

Suspended
Dec 9, 2019

You've created website shortcuts on your homescreen from Safari. Probably unknowingly, and multiple times. Sometimes these are known to show white versus the way they should display with a loaded webpage.

To remove them, tap and hold on the icons and wait for the 'X' to appear. Just like removing any other app / homescreen icon. hope this works.

Reactions: ericwn

Keukasmallie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2011
WNY
Apologies for my lack of tecdhnical nomenclature. I do appreciate above posters taking the time to read and respond.

Maxipad was the "winner" in that his advice resolved the problem and allowed me to add another layer of understanding to the wonderful world of Apple.

Reactions: ericwn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.