Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Djay_hr

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 14, 2021
Hi there,

I own an iPhone 11 since October 18th 2019 03:17 PM IST

My Battery Health is at 82% as of 2 Years, 1 Month and 25 days of usage

I just noticed today that my phone’s battery is draining severely overnight
There wasn’t any activity on the phone and the connectivity options were turned off
It has dropped 30% battery in 6 hours 42 minutes (from 91% to 61%)
I have attached a battery stats screenshot for reference
Never have I ever experienced such quick battery drain in 2 years
What seems to be the problem?

Attachments

• 74E97CDB-FBD7-4552-B070-373D1FB4F5C8.png
    74E97CDB-FBD7-4552-B070-373D1FB4F5C8.png
    523.5 KB · Views: 185

sevoneone

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2010
Tap on the section of the graph for that time period. The table will shift to show you what was consuming power at in the range selected, your answer will most certainly be there.

Also, what connectivity options were turned off? Do you disable Wifi? Because I see it is off in your screenshot. There's been some, mediocre IMO, advice going around for years to disable WiFi to prevent your phone from draining battery while you are out and about. While that is true, it is a typically very small savings unless you are someone that travels from place to place and doesn't connect to a singe WiFi network all day. When you are at home, in the office or somewhere else with a continuous WiFi connection indoors, your phone is going to use a lot less power carrying out background activity over Wifi than over cellular.

Edit: Also, at the level of cellular signal indicated, your phone would definitely be using extra power to send/receive and even just maintain the cellular connection. Leaving your phone connected to WiFi overnight will save you a ton of battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Djay_hr

Djay_hr

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 14, 2021
Tap on the section of the graph for that time period. The table will shift to show you what was consuming power at in the range selected, your answer will most certainly be there.

Also, what connectivity options were turned off? Do you disable Wifi? There's been some, mediocre IMO, advice going around for years to disable WiFi to prevent your phone from draining battery while you are out and about. While that is true, it is a typically very small savings unless you are someone that travels from place to place and doesn't connect to a singe WiFi network all day. When you are at home, in the office or somewhere else with a continuous WiFi connection indoors, your phone is going to use a lot less power carrying out background activity over Wifi than over cellular.
the graph only shows that the screen was awake for 3 minutes for notifications by (Lock screen & Home Screen) which i checked after waking up were SMS notifications from my bank and offers from my mobile carrier, also connectivity options like Wi-Fi, Cellular Data, Hotspot and Airdrop were turned off during that period

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.