Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MalagLagoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 19, 2019
I upgraded a few months ago - mostly things are okay. There may have been some hiccups here and there - but one thing that stood out to me was the number of severe crashes I've gotten since Monterey has been installed. I keep a clean system with mostly Apple software - and the non-Apple stuff is expensive mainstream software - such as Finale for music. Anyway, I'm guessing that I've had three or four of these severe crashes over the past six months - the crash is so bad you must use the power button to exit out. I bought my MacBook Pro new in 2015 - and yes there were crashes during the past 7 years - I just don't remember the crashes occurring with such frequency.

Anyone else experience something like this?

Is there some type of log I could monitor?

Cancelled
Aug 13, 2022
I upgraded a few months ago - mostly things are okay. There may have been some hiccups here and there - but one thing that stood out to me was the number of severe crashes I've gotten since Monterey has been installed. I keep a clean system with mostly Apple software - and the non-Apple stuff is expensive mainstream software - such as Finale for music. Anyway, I'm guessing that I've had three or four of these severe crashes over the past six months - the crash is so bad you must use the power button to exit out. I bought my MacBook Pro new in 2015 - and yes there were crashes during the past 7 years - I just don't remember the crashes occurring with such frequency.

Anyone else experience something like this?

Is there some type of log I could monitor?
You may also want to post exactly which version of Monterey you are on. 12.4, 12.5, 12.5.1 etc. That may help others help you here. Is there any specific task you are performing when the crash occurs or is it random?

MalagLagoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 19, 2019
You may also want to post exactly which version of Monterey you are on. 12.4, 12.5, 12.5.1 etc. That may help others help you here. Is there any specific task you are performing when the crash occurs or is it random?
I have Monterey 12.5.1 (21G83) installed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.