Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

egarren

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
Hey,

This probably may have already been answered, so if it has, will you please tell me where I can find it.

I jailbreaked my ipod touch on a windows computer using touchfree. Now, I am using it on my mac successfully.

I have installed cyberduck to transfer files from my computer to my touch. However, when I click "Open Connection" and enter "root" for username and "alpine" for password, it says my connection failed.

I really don't know anything about this, not even what SFTP means, so any detailed help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

dellavoce

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2007
Hey,

This probably may have already been answered, so if it has, will you please tell me where I can find it.

I jailbreaked my ipod touch on a windows computer using touchfree. Now, I am using it on my mac successfully.

I have installed cyberduck to transfer files from my computer to my touch. However, when I click "Open Connection" and enter "root" for username and "alpine" for password, it says my connection failed.

I really don't know anything about this, not even what SFTP means, so any detailed help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Make sure your touch is on and has a wi-fi connection. Sftp uses your touch's wi-fi connection to access its programming

egarren

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
ya, my ipod touch and computer are connected to the same wifi sever thingy.

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
I'm having the exact same problem/question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is iPod supposed to be running a certain app or something when we try to open a connection? and do we leave the settings to port 22?

jacktiernan

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2007
Vic, Australia
I'm having the exact same problem/question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is iPod supposed to be running a certain app or something when we try to open a connection? and do we leave the settings to port 22?

Make sure you have selected SFTP, not FTP from the drop down menu in the "open connection.." window

Mitchiee

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2007
I'm having the same problem
The firewalls might be blocking it
Turn all them off and the ani virus software
Then try to connect
:)

Antimatter

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2007
Go into the installer app and make sure you have installed Openssh. If you don't have it, download it and it should work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.