Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

delsoul

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 7, 2014
I've been a huge Shadowrun fan for years, playing the games back on the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo, as well as playing the paper and pencil RPG. I've seen that Shadowrun Returns and two other add-ons are at a huge discounted price on Steam. My question is, how would those games run on a mid 2013 Macbook Air? I have the base model with the 1.3 I5 and 4gb of ram, 128gb HD. And anyone have an idea of how much space those games would take up? I really appreciate the advice and help, thanks in advance.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I've been a huge Shadowrun fan for years, playing the games back on the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo, as well as playing the paper and pencil RPG. I've seen that Shadowrun Returns and two other add-ons are at a huge discounted price on Steam. My question is, how would those games run on a mid 2013 Macbook Air? I have the base model with the 1.3 I5 and 4gb of ram, 128gb HD. And anyone have an idea of how much space those games would take up? I really appreciate the advice and help, thanks in advance.

They are simple 2D games and can run on a toaster. I had no issues running them on a 2010 MBP. I don't recall how much space they use by they aren't too big. The system requirements will tell you.

Start with Dragonfall, then move to Hong Kong. If you still want more then play SR. It's not bad but it's the weakest of the three.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.