Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grant08

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2015
Australia
Is it possible to share partial details of an IOS contact?
eg: if I wanted to share a contact with a business colleague but only select certain numbers and email addresses so not to let out personal details is this possible?
I know contacts can be sent like a business card via message &/or email but it appears the entire contact is sent rather than selected details.
I have occasions when I require sending my digital card (contact details) but I do not want to send all my details.

moomanjohnny

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2014
California
Either just type out what you want to send, or make another contact for yourself that only has the info you want to send. Those are the only things I can think of, sorry.

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Is it possible to share partial details of an IOS contact?
eg: if I wanted to share a contact with a business colleague but only select certain numbers and email addresses so not to let out personal details is this possible?
I have occasions when I require sending my digital card (contact details) but I do not want to send all my details.

This would be a great option / feature - it is a pain to separate personal info and notes before sharing a contact, would be great if there was a way to default selected fields to be shared somehow.

uhaas

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2012
Boston, MA
I have 2 contact cards, a personal and a professional. I use different contact pics to easily identify them. My personal has personal info, home address, birthday, etc.

Facebook syncing sucks, as far as I'm concerned. I don't want all 5,000 contacts synced with Facebook, nor do I want info overridden in my contacts with Facebook info. I turned it off right away back in iOS 5 or 6 or whenever it was introduced.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
There are apps in the store that are designed for just this purpose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.