Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guyguy17

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2017
Both phones are on iOS 17. I want to share a text message with another person. Another words, I get a text message from Chase Bank. On my phone, I want to share the contact (phone number) and message with my daughter. I know I can share the contact with her but I want to share the message as well. If Chase sends me another message, I want her to see it as well.

I know that I can COPY the message and forward it to her but I would have to copy a message each time Chase sends me a new message.

Unless I am missing something, how do I share the contact (phone #) AND message?

bilibug

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2008
Stockton NJ
I don’t believe you can really do it that way (forwarding), but you can add additional contact and notification numbers/email addresses in the Chase app.

P_Watt

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2018
Both phones are on iOS 17. I want to share a text message with another person. Another words, I get a text message from Chase Bank. On my phone, I want to share the contact (phone number) and message with my daughter. I know I can share the contact with her but I want to share the message as well. If Chase sends me another message, I want her to see it as well.

I know that I can COPY the message and forward it to her but I would have to copy a message each time Chase sends me a new message.

Unless I am missing something, how do I share the contact (phone #) AND message?
Particularly banking apps where they may send you a two factor authentication ID check it would be disastrous for security. I only get banking messages to my wife as well as me because we have a joint account and a banking app.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
I really do wish Apple would flesh out Family Sharing a bit to include stuff like this. For example, I've been wondering for a long time why I can't share a Contacts database (or a subset thereof) with my wife. Or why Family Sharing doesn't include a shared email account for bills and stuff. It should all be as easy as it is with Calendars.

Reactions: P_Watt

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Particularly banking apps where they may send you a two factor authentication ID check it would be disastrous for security.
SMS for two-factor is a bad security gap. It's a shame so many banks still use it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.