Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ke-iron

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2014
Apple now has a stock checker for the Pencil online. Looks like Santa Monica has them in stock in So Cal.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0C2/apple-pencil-for-ipad-pro

I just cancelled my online order in light of this new information. The Apple stores in NY didn't have in stock Monday or Tuesday so I'm guessing they should get today. Now it'll be easier for me to just keep checking the app every hour. I guesstimate I should have one by weekend.

ke-iron

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2014
W. 14th Street was showing as available for like 15 min only then sold out.

Yea I just bought one at the 14th street store but when I went back to check I see it was greyed out smh. I wonder if they will cancel my order because they don't have any, my debit card was already charged...

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Yea I just bought one at the 14th street store but when I went back to check I see it was greyed out smh. I wonder if they will cancel my order because they don't have any, my debit card was already charged...

I don't know how Apple works, but when you order something at Amazon and put it in your cart, even before you pay for it, its immediately removed from inventory so that no one else orders it too. It prevents people getting pushed out of an order.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I just cancelled my online order in light of this new information. The Apple stores in NY didn't have in stock Monday or Tuesday so I'm guessing they should get today. Now it'll be easier for me to just keep checking the app every hour. I guesstimate I should have one by weekend.

Cancelling your order now may not be a good move. As info gets out that you can check stock online now, it may get even harder to get one now. You think you are the only one checking stock now? :D

ke-iron

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2014
I don't know how Apple works, but when you order something at Amazon and put it in your cart, even before you pay for it, its immediately removed from inventory so that no one else orders it too. It prevents people getting pushed out of an order.

I got the confirmation email. Order ready for pick up email too. That was quick.

Cancelling your order now may not be a good move. As info gets out that you can check stock online now, it may get even harder to get one now. You think you are the only one checking stock now? :D

I know tons of people are checking but I was able to order and got confirmation email too

mucaluck04

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2015
I can't pick one up (too far) but thought I'd let you all know - showing in stock at this store on East Coast.

Apple Store, Grand Central
45 Grand Central Terminal
New York NY 10017

Last edited:

mucaluck04

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2015
Another store reporting apple pencils in stock (as of now)...

Apple Store, Upper West Side
1981 Broadway
New York NY10023

CedarPoint182

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2006
Picked up an Apple Pencil at the store at The Grove (LA) today!

I actually purchased the Pencil online yesterday for in-store pickup. Pencils were available briefly (for less than 30 minutes) at both The Grove and Third Street Promenade locations.

Still no luck on a keyboard...

I find the in-store pickup option much better than forcing people to loiter around Apple stores waiting for shipments that might never come, but that's just me. I still don't understand why these accessories are in such short supply.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    521.1 KB · Views: 128

ke-iron

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2014
Picked up an Apple Pencil at the store at The Grove (LA) today!

I actually purchased the Pencil online yesterday for in-store pickup. Pencils were available briefly (for less than 30 minutes) at both The Grove and Third Street Promenade locations.

Still no luck on a keyboard...

I find the in-store pickup option much better than forcing people to loiter around Apple stores waiting for shipments that might never come, but that's just me. I still don't understand why these accessories are in such short supply.

It's in short supply because it probably has a high failure rate in manufacturing. I got my pencil yesterday and it stopped working yesterday.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I was able to pick one up from the Buffalo NY store this morning. If lowly Buffalo had them, then if you keep checking the web site for stock, pretty much everyone will get a shot at one soon enough.

CedarPoint182

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2006
Pencils currently appear available for in-store pickup at the Glendale Galleria and Pasadena stores (LA). Keyboards were available at Glendale for a few minutes earlier this morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.