Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
I have a MS Sculpt Keyboard.

I have 3 computers
  • Employer Macbook Pro for productivity
  • Personal M1 Macbook Pro for productivity.
  • Personal Windows PC, primarily for gaming.
Desk setup:
  • Display: I have an Super Ultrawide display with 2 DP and 1 HDMI input, audio out, USB. I plug the PC in directly, and the Mac goes through a USB-C to DP converted to the display.
  • Kb/Mouse - Logitech MX Kb/Mouse can switch between all 3 computers.
  • Audio: Monitor speakers connected to display’s audio out. It’s only 2.1 stereo but it works.
  • Other Peripherals: Scanner, USB drives, USB Camera ,etc are connected to a Caldigit Dock, which only the Mac’s can connect to via Thunderbolt. The PC doesn’t have access to them.
The kb/mouse setup isn’t ideal because I want to use the Microsoft Sculpt keyboard that I got as a gift with all 3 computers. It will only connect wirelessly to the USB dongle that it came with. It doesn't have a USB port.

If I put the dongle in the Caldigit dock, work and personal macbooks can use it as they are connected ( but only one at a time ) to the dock.

If I put the dongle in the PC, it works but the Mac’s cannot access the keyboard.

I’m happy with the switching the display using a switch, but I need something for the MS Sculpt keyboard. Ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.