Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jfuji

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2021
FA931A62-AFF6-4673-AED5-8207C518E5B4.jpeg

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Finally we get Macro! Some great shots here!
As someone else said, we no longer have a phone with a camera, we have a camera with a phone!

Reactions: iRun26.2

oeyvind

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2002
Here's one from this morning... Closeup of a frangipani flower

iRun26.2

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
Finally we get Macro! Some great shots here!
As someone else said, we no longer have a phone with a camera, we have a camera with a phone!
Very good way to put it! It has been an awesome update just for the camera alone. I am coming all the way from an iPhone X so many things have been improved since then. By far the most notable is the camera.

iRun26.2

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
OK. So far (in my opinion) this is the best! Just seeing this bug (sorry, I’m not sure what it is…is it an aphid???) close up is impressive, but then you can zoom in and see the amazing detail on it’s body). I wish everyone would post the unedited version of their macro shots so we could zoom in to see the details.

Our new iPhone 13 Pro cameras are amazing machines!

Moakesy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2013
UK
Why are all the shots so blurry. Is the camera that bad or what?
Assuming this is a serious question and you’re not trolling, all macro photography has very shallow depth of field.

You’re normally talking about 3mm or 4mm actually being in focus.

If you look at that bug shot, the head is sharp but the antennae go out of focus.

Trick is to try and get the bugs eyes sharp, rather than the body.

Google insect macro shots to see what I mean.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Assuming this is a serious question and you’re not trolling, all macro photography has very shallow depth of field.

You’re normally talking about 3mm or 4mm actually being in focus.

If you look at that bug shot, the head is sharp but the antennae go out of focus.

Trick is to try and get the bugs eyes sharp, rather than the body.

Google insect macro shots to see what I mean.
Plus you lose a bit of sharpness and contrast when uploading the photos on to here, still look amazing though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.