Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which iPhone 15 model did you get?

• Total voters

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
So it has been well over 6 months since iPhone 15 arrived, how has the experience been for you?
What model did you get? (And in which colour?) - Post a pic if you want.
Did you exchange at any point for a bigger or smaller one and why? (Or different colour choice?)
What model did you come from before?

Personally got a 15 Pro Max in White Titanium back in October 2023 (recently replaced by Black Titanium as the White was stolen during Easter), I have been very happy with it, especially having come from a 13 Pro Max which was already a fantastic iPhone and will live in my memory as one of the best iPhones to be released.
Performance has been excellent for me on my 15 PM, battery has been good too but I did expect better given the larger battery + 3nm A17 Pro, that being said it gets me through a full day of moderate to heavy usage, so I am happy.

What I truly appreciate is the lighter titanium build, USB-C has been a great upgrade simply due to the fact I have USB-C cables all over my place and finally the 5x optical zoom lens has made this the most versatile iPhone for photography for me as I also have androuds with periscope lens cameras so it’s been such a pleasure that my iPhone can now zoom so much with great detail kept.

How’s your iPhone 15 experience been?

Last edited:
Reactions: Devyn89 and Andeddu

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
iPhone 15 Pro natural titanium, coming from a 12 Pro.

The camera upgrade is decent, from the 12 Pro. Better resolution and 3x vs 2x zoom. It’s my primary “point & shoot” camera but I have a Nikon for shots where I want good quality.

Dynamic Island I barely notice. It’s fine, just doesn’t add any actual value to my use. If it disappeared it wouldn’t impact me at all.

USB-C is irrelevant to me; I never plug anything in & didn’t with the 12 Pro either. I have MagSafe chargers in the bedroom, car, and office.

Weight of the phone is negligibly different from the 12 Pro, though the camera bump is MASSIVELY bigger.

Always On Display is… “cute,” I guess, but I play a lot of audiobooks & podcasts and I have a tendency to bump the audio controls (e.g. skip forward or back) when putting the phone into my pocket - AFTER clicking the side button to “lock” the display. So that’s a bit irritating. I haven’t disabled AOD (yet) but might.

I got the 15 Pro for a REALLY good price due to a subsidy from work. After trading in my wife’s 12 (she got my 12 Pro) the 15 Pro with AppleCare+ cost me about $150. At that price I’m happy with it… if I’d had to pay full price, I’d have stayed with the 12 Pro.

Reactions: Kottu and Tsepz

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
I’ve had the 15 and sold it to get a 15 Pro in white titanium. I’m happy with the upgrade, even if it took a hit on my bank account ha, but I’m quite disappointed with the battery life compared to the 15. It’s significantly worse than the regular 15.

But overall the jump from my 13 Pro Max was well worth it. I love the brush titanium finish and the white titanium model brings back the good ol’ iPhone 4/4S vibes.

Reactions: satchmo and Tsepz

Lakris

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2020
Norway
I'm really happy with my phone, the one thing I was a. bit surprised by is the battery. I thought the battery would be better than the iPhone 14, but its about the same. No problem, just surprised.
I got an iPhone 15pro, I wanted a pro phone this time. Blue titanium
My previous phone was an purple iPhone 14, I didn't need to upgrade but I wanted to. Too bad the pro series don't have purple, but I really like the blue titanium too.

My thoughts about the ipone 15 pro:
I really like the dynamic island, its pretty and useful. The always on display is very nice, a bit battery drain but not so much that its noticeable.
The camera is really good, but I haven't really used it so much and I think its much for me to learn.
I don't notice a difference from the 60hz refresh rate on the 14 from the 120hz refresh rate on my 15 pro. I don't use my phone for gaming og streaming, that could be the reason? idk
Usb-c is nice and useful, but I still have one thing with lightning at home, so I can't get rid of my lightning charger quite yet. Or I can because I have MagSafe, but I think its ok to hold on to it anyhow a little longer.

Reactions: Tsepz

satchmo

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
I’ve had the 15 and sold it to get a 15 Pro in white titanium. I’m happy with the upgrade, even if it took a hit on my bank account ha, but I’m quite disappointed with the battery life compared to the 15. It’s significantly worse than the regular 15.

But overall the jump from my 13 Pro Max was well worth it. I love the brush titanium finish and the white titanium model brings back the good ol’ iPhone 4/4S vibes.

Are we talking like an hour worse or a few minutes?

I’m debating between the two. I think I know the reg 15 is enough and is the better value. But it’s difficult to look past the aesthetics of the Pro.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017

I’m debating between the two. I think I know the reg 15 is enough and is the better value. But it’s difficult to look past the aesthetics of the Pro.

Probably 2-2.5 hours worst off the 15.

• Wow
Reactions: satchmo

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
Got 15 Pro Max since launch day. It's been great but a couple times the Face ID completely stopped working but it seems to be a software issue and that's what I get for running beta versions :p I was worried at first that it might be a hardware issue but i'm fairly confident it is software.

Can't think of any other issues. I guess at first I didn't really like the dynamic island. I mean I liked the functionality of it but visually I think I preferred the notch. Also, the camera bump is noticeably larger than the 12 Pro Max I had. I've got used to both these things now so I don't really care.

Battery life is amazing. I'm still at 100% health.

I recently set up at 15 Plus for my gf and I was impressed with it. I think I'd have been happy with one of them. The first thing I noticed was the lower refresh rate but I'd have got used it and if I was coming from a 12 Pro Max it wouldn't have been an issue at all. I know the camera is weaker but I'd have been fine with that. Also as good as titanium is I like the more colourful options the aluminium design has (I'd still have gone with black though lol).

I don't regret getting the 15 Pro Max but if I was wanting to save some money I'd have no issues going with the Plus.

Reactions: Tsepz

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020

15 pro here. I have very bad 1 bar 5g at work - got home from work 8-6pm with 45 min screen time and 75% battery left.

Usually go to sleep with 40% battery. You can expect to have 5hr SOT at a minimum and 7hr on average. Can be stretched up to 9-10 hrs as well browsing safari, on a wifi, with 50% brightness. Or you can also drain it in 3.5hrs of gaming for example.

With no sim, on wifi, fully untouched, it got from 100 to 50% in 5 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: satchmo and Tsepz

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I have a 15P and came from a 14P. The biggest thing for me is the weight difference of the device; it’s definitely feels better holding, especially for longer periods of time. Not really a big difference with the battery, but I didn’t expect much improvement coming from a 14P.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.