Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evrard

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2014
Brooklyn
I know its a longshot but if anyone has an extra keyboard somehow, I'd love to buy it off you - its for a gift and its been something I've been trying to find virtually all over the internet (and stores around me). Obviously would throw in a bit extra.... thanks.

I am going to the other NYC stores after I finish in lab this morning in efforts to find a Pencil - if there is one I would be willing to grab it. I'd just ask you cover shipping/tax as well.

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Just to check back, my keyboard arrived Wednesday afternoon (Apple pre-order) and I love it. Apple used most of their 1-2 week window, so I can't really complain too much ... other than about them miscalculating demand or the difficulty of scaling up supply.

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
I am going to the other NYC stores after I finish in lab this morning in efforts to find a Pencil - if there is one I would be willing to grab it. I'd just ask you cover shipping/tax as well.
That would be amazing - I'd be happy to throw in whatever extra I needed to. Thanks for looking!

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010

Grand Central has 3 Smart Keyboards in stock at 11:44am EST (soon to be 2 ;)).

It's an even $184 after tax in NYC.

Last edited:

draughn101

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
I know its a longshot but if anyone has an extra keyboard somehow, I'd love to buy it off you - its for a gift and its been something I've been trying to find virtually all over the internet (and stores around me). Obviously would throw in a bit extra.... thanks.

Sorry. I would've grabbed the extra one last night. My wife and I circled the store a few times debating whether to grab the second one, but eventually decided not to take the risk.

JBUGGY

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2011
Ordered 2 keyboards yesterday from BB around 10:45am PST. Later yesterday evening..they both went to backorder. They were supposed to be delivered by Dec. 8.
This AM 1 of the keyboards have shipped and delivers Fri., Dec. 4!!!
Btw, the one that shipped was ordered 3 mins. after the first. So guess it isn't like "in line" so to speak, as to how they are shipped. Hmm..

So hopefully other people that ordered via BB their orders update.
Good Luck all! :)

Last edited:

c84216

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2006
Apple Store in Dallas had keyboards today. I was told I got the last one. How lucky was I?

P.S. Keyboard is excellent. Excellent feel and feedback. Not sure what the fuss is about.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Apple Store in Dallas had keyboards today. I was told I got the last one. How lucky was I?

P.S. Keyboard is excellent. Excellent feel and feedback. Not sure what the fuss is about.

I got the third to last keyboard at Grand Central at 11:45am.

dsquarius90

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2013
Ordered a Smart Keyboard on Best Buy a couple days ago when it was "in stock." About five minutes later, I received an email that it was "on backorder" and that I would not receive it until "12/10-12/22."

Just received a shipping confirmation this morning! So everyone who ordered on Best Buy, disregard that window that they give if you have been put on the backorder list.

conan-kun

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
Ohio, USA
I went into my local Best Buy and they had three available. I've been checking every few days and this is the first time I've seen it in stock.

spazer

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2006
Northern California
I called the Best Buy in Roseville, CA today and they said they didn't have any but that the Best Buy about 45 mins away in Folsom, CA might have some. So they transferred me to the Folsom store, I waited on hold for 20 mins and the lady who answered the phone said they had some in stock. Woot! She wouldn't say how many but said less than 5. Since she wouldn't hold one for me or let me purchase it over the phone, I made the 1-hour drive out there as quickly as I could. Got to the store and asked an employee who was clearly clueless and tried to point me to bluetooth keyboards. Finally I found the apple rep and he said he hasn't seen any in stock. I asked him to please check his stock... this led to a 30 minute adventure of him scouring the store front and back trying to find the "2" his computer said they had in stock. Eventually he gave up and a manager approached me and apologized and said they must have gotten lost in the black friday mayhem and that the woman answering the phone should have physically checked for one before telling me they had it in stock. So frustrating!

defn

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2015
For what it's worth I got mine at the Apple Store in Ginza, Tokyo on Saturday.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
I am in absolutely no rush for the Smart Keyboard.. This thing is so expensive (in terms of a keyboard) and it's not a proprietary (no substitution) product like the Pencil, and I can use a Bluetooth keyboard in the mean time.

I'm thinking if I should just give up and use my Logitech Keys to Go instead and save $169.

unknown23

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
San Gabriel Valley
I am in absolutely no rush for the Smart Keyboard.. This thing is so expensive (in terms of a keyboard) and it's not a proprietary (no substitution) product like the Pencil, and I can use a Bluetooth keyboard in the mean time.

I'm thinking if I should just give up and use my Logitech Keys to Go instead and save $169.
I like that it is one less thing that needs to be charged or carried around with me. Two problems that I have with it, is that the color doesn't really go well with the gold ipad, and it doesn't have any way to carry my apple pencil.

Ariaizadi

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2015
Has anyone researched to find a back cover that would be compatible with the smart keyboard and not an $80 piece of silicon?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.