Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nipperserphil

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2014
Cologne
Since updating a couple of devices to iOS 11 yesterday, I am unable to get home shared Videos to play back on them.

Both devices (iPad Pro 12.9 & iPhone 6s) are able to connect to my shared iTunes library which is hosted on a Macbook, however when selecting a video to play the player seems to start buffering for a while until eventually a timeout message appears.

If I leave the device with the timeout message on screen, the video does actually begin to play a few minutes later in the background. However as soon as I press ok to close the timeout message, the video closes too.

Another issue (probably related) is that the artwork for shared library items doesn't load on the iOS 11 device unless I scroll back and forth through the list several times.

My shared library host system is fully up to date, and indeed works perfectly with the one remaining iOS 10 device I have. So I suspect the issue is with iOS 11 itself rather than my setup.

I have already reset network settings, but no change.

Anyone else seeing similar?

Last edited:

popcorn-in-sac

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2008
Seattle, WA area
Yes, I also noticed these issues during the BETA period. I did file feedback to Apple on this a month or so ago. Never got any response from them, so who knows when/if it will be fixed.

Nipperserphil

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2014
Cologne
Good to know it’s not just me. Ah well ... it looks like I’ll have to wipe and restore back to iOS 10 whilst I can. I’ll file a bug report to Apple too ... maybe someone will read it one day and fix this.

Shame really as iOS 11 looks like quite a useful system on the big iPad, but without this functionality it’s useless to me.

Last edited:

classicalbear

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2008
Wow they released an update for iOS11 the bug is still there, stupid. I missed the days where Apple released an OS with no bugs...

D9B

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2014
I have exactly the same problem (IOS 11.1 15B93) and MacOS High Sierra 10.13.1 (17B48)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.