Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
As the default AppleTV user, my Apple ID uses the US App Store for iCloud and purchases. I added an additional user to the AppleTV, but she uses the Japanese App Store for iCloud and purchases. Therefore, I cannot add her to my Family Sharing group to share my Apple One subscription.

I want her to be able to use the AppleTV+, Apple Music, and Apple Arcade apps without her having to switch to my user account. At the moment, those apps offer her a free trial when she accesses them.

If I switch the Apple ID used for purchases in her user account settings on the AppleTV to my Apple ID or another US Apple ID in my Family Sharing group, will she be able to use my Apple One subscription apps?

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
You can’t share across different countries, the only way is for her to setup a new AppleID for the same country you’re in which you can then add to family sharing and then all she needs to do is switch to that profile as and when she wants to use it.

Reactions: thewhitehart
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.