Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mickeddie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
My wife and I used the same Apple ID for years. Now that she has an Apple Watch she wants her own Id for activity tracking. I created her id and added her to family sharing. I went to my homekit and sent her an invitation to share it and on her device and accepted it. None of the homekit devices show on her phone. Please help?? Thank you!

Last edited:

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
My wife and I used the same Apple ID for years. Now that she has an Apple Watch she wants her own Id for activity tracking. I created her id and added her to family sharing. I went to my homekit and sent her an invitation to share it and on her device accwto
?

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Thanks for the notice my post got messed up.
I figured lol. So what’s the question that we can try to help you with?

Edit* Nevermind, saw you edited the original post.
[automerge]1595197050[/automerge]
My wife and I used the same Apple ID for years. Now that she has an Apple Watch she wants her own Id for activity tracking. I created her id and added her to family sharing. I went to my homekit and sent her an invitation to share it and on her device and accepted it. None of the homekit devices show on her phone. Please help?? Thank you!
I’m gonna ask the obvious just for process of elimination. Did you send the HomeKit invitation to her iCloud email?
Does she have keychain enabled in her settings?

inkahauts

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
And have you made sure you are looking at your house and not another house? I believe they default to her house and not the house you have created. But you can delete her house so there is only one house in her HomeKit app. I won’t explain why I know to ask that question. :)

Reactions: Itinj24

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
And have you made sure you are looking at your house and not another house? I believe they default to her house and not the house you have created. But you can delete her house so there is only one house in her HomeKit app. I won’t explain why I know to ask that question. :)
Yes, forgot about this one lol.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Call Apple support. I had the same issue. Struggled to fix it myself. Failed. Wasted hours, weekends. Gave up and endured it for a couple of years.

Finally gave up and called Apple.

Now, they wouldn't say it directly, but I got the impression they had reason to believe my long-standing Apple ID was "suspicious" and had blocked certain features.

Anyway, they fixed it while I was on the phone. 20 minutes tops. Done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.