Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ASentientBot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 27, 2018
SkyLight.framework
Since 2016, I've been periodically going into Apple stores to copy the attract loops and special desktop backgrounds. I thought some of my fellow Apple fans on here would appreciate this -- please archive and share these so they don't disappear!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UGVz1nrrbRMthbPX4uW_aQHk6o-YlDWr

- Will

P.S. Anybody else got cool hard-to-find media from Apple Stores? I'm a bit of a collector.

Update: I'm still adding new screensavers here every month or two! Just uploaded the 2019 one this Thursday.

Last edited:

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Thanks for sharing. I used to do the same thing, but lost all of them during a "house-cleaning" effort I did a few years ago.
[doublepost=1548851483][/doublepost]By the way, for anyone who comes across this thread... you can have any movie file play as a screensaver by using the free Screensaver module Save Hollywood.

ASentientBot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 27, 2018
SkyLight.framework
Thanks for sharing. I used to do the same thing, but lost all of them during a "house-cleaning" effort I did a few years ago.
[doublepost=1548851483][/doublepost]By the way, for anyone who comes across this thread... you can have any movie file play as a screensaver by using the free Screensaver module Save Hollywood.
Aw, that sucks. I've always wanted to see the ones from before 2015ish.

Did you copy them the same way that I did? Just copy the video ~/Library/Application Support/Pricing and put it in Google Drive? Or do you have a better method?

Also, did you find a way to copy the iOS screensavers? The best I could do was to make an AirPlay server on one of the Macs, mirror the iPhone to the server, and then make a screen recording.

Sorry for all the questions. I've never met anyone else who did this!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.