Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donawalt

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
If I have Music Recognition in Control Center, and tap on it to recognize a song, it never puts the song in "My Shazams" playlist. If I bring up the Shazam app however, and use it to recognize the song, it goes in "My Shazams" every time. I tried turning off and on the "Add to My Shazams" toggle in the app. Are others seeing this, is there anything I should be configuring, or is this a bug?

Reactions: TortrdSeatlMcUsr

soniasim

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
When the song is recognized via Music Recognition, tap on the notification that mentions the title and artist of the track. Tapping it, opens Shazam, while also placing it in Shazam's Library, at the same time.
If you don't do that, it doesn't sync with Shazam Library.

donawalt

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Thanks @soniasim, have you tried that with iOS 15? I happen to be on that now with my phone, and that does not work. I tap on the notification, it opens the album cover in Shazam, but without doing anything else, it does not go into My Shazam tracks. I even deleted the My Shazam tracks and started again in case it was corrupted, and it does not add them in doing this - if I bring up the Shazam app and let it identify the song by tapping, once it identifies it adds the song to the playlist immediately. I know I could tap the "Add to" button and manually add it to any playlist, maybe it doesn't automatically add to My Shazam tracks any more, or is there another step?

soanis

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2013
Europe
it's almost 2022 and they haven't fix this!
I'm in 15.2 and the same bullcrap happens.
I've been shazaming so many great songs using the widget, +tapping on the result, thinking they were saved, only to find out later that all my recent shazams were gone..

And now, we shouldn't even have to tap on the song, once we shazamed using the widget, it should be added. end of story.

Some people @Apple are simply incompetent. they own shazam since 2018. end of story.

donawalt

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Yes it still does not work. I don't even use the widget any more, I just go to the app because then it's auto added to the playlist. Widget is worthless due to this problem imho.

soanis

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2013
Europe
that's one way to deal with it, but it's time consuming, and frankly infuriating, what is the point of adding the widget and making a huge fuss about it some months back...????

soanis

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2013
Europe
asking Siri to id the song not only doesn't also save the id anywhere, but the notification is also gone after a while, so good luck if the song ends... ?

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
Noticed this problem last week when I went to go through my list of Shazam’s and the app list was completely blank. After searching I found out you could long press on the Shazam icon in control center which would pull up a list of songs. Turned out I had 3 dozen which weren’t showing in the app. Unfortunately the control center shortcut doesn’t give all the information the app does. I’m really hoping apple will fix this as Shazam is an app I use frequently while driving

Reactions: donawalt

jon08

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2008
15.3 and they still haven't fixed this issue. Really annoying!! The only way you can save a song to "My Shazams" is to tap on the notification once the song is recognized and then tap on the 3 dots icon in the upper right corner and manually add it to the list. This is really lame, though... Should be automatic, period.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
Still doesn’t work. The only way I can get Shazam’s to save is to open the app. Control center gives me a notification and opens the song in the app, but doesn’t save it. Setting up Shazam with accessibility (like tapping the back of the iPhone) runs the shortcut, but the notification only opens the shortcuts app. The songs are not saved in the iTunes “Siri” section either.

What a mess. I’m astounded how much Apple gets right, but allows simple bugs to languish, or to not implement things that seem like they would be simple to do. If I run Shazam from control center, I want it to save the songs so I can revisit them later. Seems simple, not sure why it doesn’t work that way.

Reactions: donawalt and jon08

mshanab

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2022
If I have Music Recognition in Control Center, and tap on it to recognize a song, it never puts the song in "My Shazams" playlist. If I bring up the Shazam app however, and use it to recognize the song, it goes in "My Shazams" every time. I tried turning off and on the "Add to My Shazams" toggle in the app. Are others seeing this, is there anything I should be configuring, or is this a bug?
best option rn to not miss out on everything you've caught with music recognition in the control centre is to tap and hold on the shazam/music recognition icon in your control centre - this will show you all the songs you've caught with this widget. you can then manually add them to your shazam by just clicking on them...

strandzhanka

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2023
2023 still having this problem.
I found that after opening the song from the notification you have to go to the settings button and then tab on the add to My music.
9B84FE90-6655-4537-8CC1-1B23ACA38370.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.