Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StephenEinbinder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2021
I somehow managed to get Sheepshaver Wrapper to work with Big Sur, but not as a root directory user.
When I try to launch Sheepshaver Wrapper as a root user, I keep getting the error below:

error.png
Then if I click the edit button, I get the following script:

script.png

I don't have a clue what to do with that script to make Sheepshaver Wrapper work in the root directory, if that's even possible. Are there any ideas out there or am I plain out of luck?
Playing the Mac version of an old CD rom game only worked in the root directory with El Capitan and Sierra. Sheepshaver Wrapper could only find the CD rom disk from the root directory.

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
What's the wrapper script for? I just run the SheepShaver app directly from a network drive in Big Sur on a Mac mini 2018.

I have a dmg for my MacHD which has the System Folder (9.0.4). For Unix Root, I have / which lets me access anything that is accessible by Big Sur. Disks are in the Volumes folder of /

I haven't tried the CD ROM option though. Is your CD ROM a dmg or an actual CD (connected with USB?)?

I'm using SheepShaver 2.5 20180621 with 1GB RAM 1920x1200. I should probably update. https://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=20

StephenEinbinder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2021
I thought the wrapper script was something to be edited to authorize Sheepshaver Wrapper to send apple events to system events, enabling Sheepshaver Wrapper to launch properly in the root directory. Maybe I'm misreading this conundrum?
My CD ROM is an actual CD connected with USB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.