Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GovornorPhatt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 19, 2003
Where do YOU live?
Out of all of Apple's applications, Sherlock seems neglected. There isn't a US news channe and in many cases it's just faster and eaiser to use Google. In fact, almost all of the searches can be conducted faster from Safari. The movie search is okay. What new features would you like to see in a new version of Sherlock?

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
I personally never use Sherlock, so leaving it alone because other programs can do better is fine with me.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Re: Sherlock: New Version?

Originally posted by GovornorPhatt
Out of all of Apple's applications, Sherlock seems neglected. There isn't a US news channe and in many cases it's just faster and eaiser to use Google. In fact, almost all of the searches can be conducted faster from Safari. The movie search is okay. What new features would you like to see in a new version of Sherlock?
What do you mean there is not a US news channel? Under "World News," there is a pop-up menu with "United States" and "Canada" as selections. Other selections, though not US-specific, are most certainly US-centric. These include "Business," "Science," "Health," and others.

zim

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2002
I use it primarly for the dictionary. Sometimes I use the movies section. I don't really know what else they would do to sherlock, seems that apple left it up to people to develop stuff for it.

GovornorPhatt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 19, 2003
Where do YOU live?
Originally posted by zim
I use it primarly for the dictionary. Sometimes I use the movies section. I don't really know what else they would do to sherlock, seems that apple left it up to people to develop stuff for it.

I perfer to use The Omni Group's OmniDictonary. It looks up the word using several sources, and it's free. And it's faster and has a cleaner interface than Sherlock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.