Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Senor Cuete

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2011
I have decided to remove some code from an @try...@catch block. This is because the code can throw several exceptions before the @Catch an if so, it makes it harder to debug. Also all of these are fatal errors requiring the program to post an alert and exit() anyway. Is there some way to select the text and shift it to the left to maintain consistent indentation? I searched for a way to do this with the XCode text editor and BBEdit but found nothing. Yes, I can do it manually but at one time there was a way to do it with a shortcut.

lloyddean

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, WA
I have decided to remove some code from an @try...@catch block. This is because the code can throw several exceptions before the @Catch an if so, it makes it harder to debug. Also all of these are fatal errors requiring the program to post an alert and exit() anyway. Is there some way to select the text and shift it to the left to maintain consistent indentation? I searched for a way to do this with the XCode text editor and BBEdit but found nothing. Yes, I can do it manually but at one time there was a way to do it with a shortcut.
Command[ and Command]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.