Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uh-oh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2004
I've ordered the zeroshock medium size sleeve. The customer service rep at shinza told me that some think it's too small for the aluminium version of PB but others are satisfied with it... what does that mean? Cause I think the larger size will be a bit too loose and won't protect my PB well. Is the medium size too small?? anybody has one? Any reviews?

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
I have read mostly good things to date, and what was bad I cannot directly recall which probably means it was of little importance.

Let us know how your's turns out once you get it.

uh-oh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2004
REview

I got my Shinza a couple of days ago...
When I saw it, I was telling myself how small the sleeve is and how it will never fit. Nonetheless, I tried to fit my Powerbook and I was half swearing cause it just seems to be impossible.... but then, patience comes in handy cause it finally fit. The material is stretchable and therefore, you can snuggly fit your PB. I"m now very happy with it and I think that the size is just right. So, I recommend it to anyone who owns a 15inch aluminum powerbook and a medium size Shinza sleeve.

agentphish

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2004
efoto said:
Did you get the sleeve style one from them or a full bag solution?

Can you say specifically what you got and review it briefly? I know I would appreciate it....others probably too.

More specifically I got http://www.sfbags.com/products/sleevecases/sleevecases.htm that. Size 24 for my PB15 (used the manufacturer selecter thing to find this number) No flap, no shoulder strap. Only because i had just gotten a Timbuk2 bag ( http://www.timbuk2.com/ ) a normal messenger style bag. I just put the sleevecase inside the timbuk2 bag.

The one thing i can say about waterfield designs is that their customer service is second to none. Many emails from them just asking how I liked it, where I heard about them, and even then some follow up mails. I recieved an automated response when i ordered the bag, and then not long afterwards another mail from a real person thanking me for my order.

Highly reccomend.
peace

panphage

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2003
This Zero Shock, the older style (meant for the TiBook so I guess snug with the AluBooks) is out of stock for the black version. But, they have a new larger sleeve with some internal reinforcement. But the size worries me. 13.98 x 1.57 x 11.81 inches interior. The 15" powerbook is only 9.5" tall so I'm worried that it's gonna rattle around in there, an extra 2.3 inches seems pretty major even given that the width has only 0.28" slack. Does anyone have the larger Zero Shock or am I about to be the guinea pig?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.