Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deagan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2020
Hi everyone!

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to adapt to my purchase of the 2019 Mac Pro and am thinking of selling it. Although the specs of my 4TB, 16-Core, Vega Duo, with 96GB of RAM was more than I could wish for, the problems I've seen in MacOS crashes and compatibility have been extremely irritating, and I think a Custom PC with higher specs at the same price would be best for me. This was my first Mac, so perhaps in the future Apple will polish things and smoothen the experience a bit, but as an everyday workstation, it's just not there enough for my taste.

Would anyone have any advice on shipping the Mac Pro domestically? I still have the product box, but discarded the shipping box it came in, so I'm unsure how to ship such a large item out to someone if they purchase it online?

I understand that the major carriers have some sort of freight shipping, but the original shipping box would probably be ideal.

If anyone has any suggestions, or the empty shipping box lying around that we could arrange here, I'd love any help!

Last edited:

rawweb

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2015
Hi everyone!

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to adapt to my purchase of the 2019 Mac Pro and am thinking of selling it. Although the specs of my 4TB, 16-Core, Vega Duo, with 96GB of RAM was more than I could wish for, the problems I've seen in MacOS crashes and compatibility have been extremely irritating, and I think a Custom PC with higher specs at the same price would be best for me. This was my first Mac, so perhaps in the future Apple will polish things and smoothen the experience a bit, but as an everyday workstation, it's just not there enough for my taste.

Would anyone have any advice on shipping the Mac Pro domestically? I still have the product box, but discarded the shipping box it came in, so I'm unsure how to ship such a large item out to someone if they purchase it online?

I understand that the major carriers have some sort of freight shipping, but the original shipping box would probably be ideal.

If anyone has any suggestions, or the empty shipping box lying around that we could arrange here, I'd love any help!

Since you have the original product box (that's the important one that protects MacPro) I would just get some cardboard and make my own box with some shipping tape. All your trying to do is protect the other box from dings/blemishes in theory. The old cMP shipped in it's product box and would get scuffed up. It's not really a huge deal.

Out of curiosity what part of the country are you in? ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.