Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArkieBiker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Arkansas
I was on the road driving all day long without access to announcement...I know everything else, but if ordering is on 13th...when does the shipping begin for the iPhone 11 Pro Max?

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
As in previous years the ‘in stores’ date is the date the preorders get delivered (at least those who got their orders in right away). This year that date is 9/20. Shipping starts earlier.

Yea always so confusing. Can't they just say that pre-orders would start arriving then?

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US
Yea always so confusing. Can't they just say that pre-orders would start arriving then?

Well, actually, by announcing the release date they are telling you when the first people who ordered will receive their phones. It's always worked that way. For me no confusion at all. The one thing that is different this year from all years past is that the preorders start at 5am PDT. In the past they always started at 12amPDT (3amEDT). So this year Eastern timezone folks don't have to get up in the middle of the night to order. Nice and leisurely at 8am, and that's a welcome change.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
As in previous years the ‘in stores’ date is the date the preorders get delivered (at least those who got their orders in right away). This year that date is 9/20. Shipping starts earlier.

Fair enough and technically true. I read the OP's question as "when will I get my hands on it" rather than "when will Apple begin shipping."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.