Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

foxbatkllr

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2006
HECK YEAH!!!

Original Shipped by date: September 20
Original Delivered by date: September 27

NEW Shipped date: September 14
NEW Delivery date: September 15!!!!!

I AM SO STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JMies419

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2006
foxbatkllr said:
HECK YEAH!!!

Original Shipped by date: September 20
Original Delivered by date: September 27

NEW Shipped date: September 14
NEW Delivery date: September 15!!!!!

I AM SO STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What model did you purchase? BTO?

BwanaZulia

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2002
24", 2.33, 2GB, 500GB Drive, 256MB Video.

Ordered: 9/11/2006 (spooked by that date) and Apple said it would ship by the 19th.

Shipped: 9/15/2006

I expect it next Monday or Tuesday which is fine.

BZ

rfc13

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2006
Reading, UK
Courthold said:
Mine still says shipping today.. but so far no e-mail :(

Have you got an email yet? Mine is due to ship on 21st but was hoping it would ship today as I saw that many of the UK orders were due to ship today. Doesn't look like mine has unless it is a late shipping or they haven't confirmed it electronically.

Courthold

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2005
Well I just called up, and was told that my order should have been 'pending' (i.e. packing ready to ship) but it isn't, so she was going to wait until monday and then investigate :( I might try calling up again and see if another person says the same thing.

Edit: Well, it got passed to a supervisor so guess I am still waiting until I hear anything

Gonzo4182

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2006
New England
20" iMac
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
256MB VRAM
1GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x512
250GB Serial ATA Drive

Ordered on the 11th
Est. Ship Date: 20th
Est. Delivery: 22nd
Actual Ship Date: 14th
New Est. Delivery: 18th (Stupid no Weekend Delivery)

It was quite a nice surprise that it shipped a few days early.

Courthold

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2005
Gonzo - you're lucky! Mine was ordered on the 6th with the same specs (except 2GB of RAM) and still nothing :( Wonder if there is a supply problem in the UK or anything - has anyone in the UK got a BTO iMac yet?

Gonzo4182

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2006
New England
I guess its a little good luck that helped my iMac along sooner than expected considering my Dell's hard drive crashed last week, and I've been computerless at home since. I actually had the DVD-R's next to the tower ready to back up the 4500 or so photos, but alas, the PC wanted to stick it to me one last time.

kleinishere

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2006
Wow, I'm really stoked.

Original -
Shipping: 9/18
Delivery: 9/25

Update:
My new 24" iMac/2GB Ram/256 Card/Wireless keyboard/mouse set up just had the "Package data transmitted to FedEx"
Shipping: 9/15
Delivery: 9/20

Maybe since I'm in California my delivery might be here even sooner. Who knows, i'm really pumped, though.

Sulis

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2006
Hurrah! Not often a poster, but 24" BTO (2.33, 2GB, 256vram, Wireless K&M) just been shipped (or so apple's site tells me). Shame it takes around a week to reach the UK, but knowing it's on its way has me all excited!

rfc13

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2006
Reading, UK
Does anyone know which delivery company they use in the UK, as depending on when mine ships I may be at work, and when at uni i don't have a car, so wouldn't be able to pick it up from a depot. Do most companies offer arranged redelivery? Sorry not used to all this courier stuff.

astewart

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2006
Charlottetown
I'm hoping that my iMac ships today too! :rolleyes:
I made the order on the 12th of Sept, the Estimated Shipping date is Sept. 19th.
BTO - 20" iMac - Upgraded the RAM and VRAM.

This is being shipped to Canada, Im really hoping it Ships earlier then said..
I don't seem to have a Delivery Date set as some others do, why?

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Alex Duggan said:
Mine's being delivered by TNT direct from Shanghai

Yeah, the things I have had delivered from Apple in the past (2yrs ago, mind you) to the UK were sent through TNT. Don't expect them to be cheery, on time, or competent in any way. You have been warned.

Courthold

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2005
Thank you for shopping at the Apple Store.

The demand for the product you ordered has been higher than anticipated. We are shipping as quickly
as possible, but cannot meet the dispatch date we previously estimated for you. We now expect to dispatch
your order by 21.09.2006.

We estimate that it will be delivered to your shipping address on or before 02.10.2006.

:( :( :( :(

astewart

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2006
Charlottetown
Courthold said:
Thank you for shopping at the Apple Store.

The demand for the product you ordered has been higher than anticipated. We are shipping as quickly
as possible, but cannot meet the dispatch date we previously estimated for you. We now expect to dispatch
your order by 21.09.2006.

We estimate that it will be delivered to your shipping address on or before 02.10.2006.

:( :( :( :(

Man, your going to be in pain for about 3 and a half weeks...Now you know what I'm going through :(

You never know though, they may ship it earlier then expected.

Courthold

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2005
I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for the fact that I ordered on the 6th and plenty of the folks here already have theirs, hopefully it'll be sooner than they are saying.

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
Ordered on Sep 12, 2006 at 01:12 PM PDT
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
NVIDIA GEFORCE 7600 GT w/256
250GB Serial ATA Drive
SuperDrive 8X (DVDR-DL/CD-RW)
WL kybd, Mse & Mac OS X
Country Kit

Shipped - Sep 15, 2006

Sep 15, 2006 2:50 PM
Picked up
SHANGHAI CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff
(bummer it won't get on an airplane until monday :( )

Scheduled for Delivery on September 20th @ 10:30 (i assume they mean before 10:30AM)

CaliforniaNick

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2006
California
To cancel, or not to cancel...

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum that I was happy to find. I am a semi-convert with a 15'' iMac for home use since 2002 and I placed an online order as follows at 1 am on Saturday Sept 16:
IMAC 24/2.16 CTO
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x512
NVIDIA GEFORCE 7600 GT w/256
250GB Serial ATA Drive
SuperDrive 8X (DVDR-DL/CD-RW)
WL kybd, Mse & Mac OS X
Country Kit

Given that the Apple Online store page says "Ships in 1-2 business days" and the fact that I paid extra for 2-day shipping, I was very disappointed to later see the order status page say: Estimated Shipped By Sep 22, 2006; Estimated Delivered By Sep 27, 2006. How could 2+2 days turn into 11? Well, I am not here to gripe and I know that weekends don't count, etc, and today, Apple told me over the phone that 2-day shipping doesn't apply to the computers since they are built-to-order in China... (but they were able to charge me for 2-day shipping which only would apply to a few other smaller items).

My main concern is that I want the computer here while my mac geek brother is visiting from Sweden Sept 22-26 so he can help me set it up. Apple told me that I could cancel the order up to when the order may go into processing and instead buy an off-the-shelf unit in the store if I can live with a 128 MB graphics card. Then I did some online research and learned that the 24'' inch's NVIDIA 7300 128 MB probably already is an overkill for my needs and I started smiling in anticipation of tonight's trip to the Irvine, California store to get my hands on one of these slick machines very, very soon.

However, when I called to cancel the online order, Apple's phone reps had closed for Saturday night and when I tried to cancel it online, I learned that the computer item cannot be cancelled for one or several of 5 reasons:
1. If you have just placed your order, please allow 30 minutes for our system to process it before trying to cancel. In some cases your items may not be eligible to cancel because we have begun the fulfillment process.
2. Your item has already been shipped.
3. Your item has already been cancelled.
4. Your item was electronically delivered.
5. Your item is being built or is being prepared for shipment and can no longer be cancelled.

Only reason 5 seems applicable in my case (even if reason #2 would be nice!) and I wonder if anyone thinks that this indicates that they are dealing with my order rather expeditiously so that I can hope to get it earlier than the Sep 27 date or if it simply is standard procedure for them to lock in online orders within 24 hours and ban cancellations? Or, does anyone think that I might be able to cancel this order by phone once they open again on Sunday or is this computer message basically what I have to live with?

Thanks for any insights and my apologies for a very lengthy first posting!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.