Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Griffin4950

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
Scotland
Wonder if anyone can help. I'm using an Apple TV 4K in the UK and watching Star Trek: Discovery through Netflix. Last week, the 4 "Short Trek" mini-episodes were made available via Netflix but they do not show up on the Apple TV Netflix App. I can view them on every other version of the App... iPhone, iPad, Samsung Smart TV, PS4 even the Wii U!

Does anyone know what the issue might be? The thought crossed my mind that after Netflix did not support "Black Mirror: Bandersnatch" on the Apple TV, they are reducing support generally!

Many thanks

Last edited:

JBaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2015
Special episodes are never part of the TV app because they’re not a real show. So there is no issue.

Griffin4950

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
Scotland
Special episodes are never part of the TV app because they’re not a real show. So there is no issue.

Hi, there. Many thanks for your reply. It's not the lack of "Short Treks" on the TV App, it's the lack of them on the standalone Netflix App on the Apple TV that's my concern. There appears to be no way to watch them on the Apple TV at all but they are available on every other device that has Netflix. Just wondered if Netflix has excluded this extra from the Apple TV for some particular reason or if I'm simply doing something wrong :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.