Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedimasterkyle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 27, 2014
Idaho
Apologies if this has been asked before or if this is posted in the wrong place but I need some help with a shortcut idea I have...

Later this summer, I'm traveling to Alaska for a week long cruise and I thought it would be nice and useful to have an album on my iPhone specifically dedicated to any photos/videos I take during that trip. While it's not difficult to just create a new album/folder myself and manually transfer photos to it, I figured I could have my iPhone do the work for me...

Apparently, creating smart folders in the photos app in iOS is NOT a thing (really Apple?) so I'm trying to see if there is a way to basically have a shortcut do it for me.

What I need it to do is this:
  1. Look at all photos/videos between a certain date range
  2. Create a new folder/album in iOS photos labeled "Alaska"
  3. Move/copy all photos/videos within that date range to this folder/album
I'd like to think it can be done. I just dont know HOW to do it in shortcuts or if it's even possible.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Two Action Shortcut, if already have the Album defined/created.

Save to Photo Album.png

ADD: and then can use that in an Automation, to run a certain times of the day to automagically add the Photos to the album in question.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.